Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

well, to those commenting on the rear suspension, I have nothing but good to say about it, as it handles nicely, is comfortable, and leaves me with a big trunk.

I have filled in the gaps with cheap weather stripping, filled in the huge dips by the door handles, and run 0w30 since I now live back in the cold. my best recent tank was 42 MPG over 400 miles with a bad wheel bearing, tires, and alignment.

tried fairing the rear wheels, and beyond this mod being a summer only mod, gave it a fair shot, and I can't get the material to stay where I need it around the tires.

this was before filling the gaps and handles, though.

I refuse to make my car dangerous in the winter, so I won't buy low rolling resistance tires.

my scangauge died, which isn't the biggest loss since it hasn't told me anywhere near the right mpg for a long time. looking into an ultragauge.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread