Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cool Hi im new to this place.

Hi my name is jon and im new to this place i heard about this place by searching online.
i dont got alot of money right now for performance and im into that preformance thing, but for now im trying to just lay low with my VX. I own a VX civic just want to know and learned some cool stuff here in the fourms its cool, but for now i wanna try to see what i can do with my gas saving vehicle LOL. Or experiment to see what minor preformance i can get out of it experiment for fun.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grasshopper

Makai - '01 Toyota Echo 4D Auto
90 day: 34.45 mpg (US)

New Galaxy - '07 Toyota Prius
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)
Welcome

check out the GARAGE section above and set up your car and gas log

where are you from?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Welcome to the forums!

You seem like the perfect candidate for hypermiling since it is free to do and saves you some major $$$ in gas!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
The VX is a fun car, want to make it feel sporty? just down shift, otherwise you should be getting 50mpg, the two biggest killers of these cars is rust around the wheel wells and teenagers who want to pretend they own a race car.
I'm on my 2nd vx, they are great, partly because they are so cheap to own, nothing brakes down and you can fit all kinds of junk in them.
Most common problems that people seem to have is the O2 sensor going bad, search a little online and you can get them cheap otherwise auto part stores charge around $350 last I checked.
these cars also are a bit fussy about air intake and exhaust, between the two vx's that I have owned I've replaced alot of the parts for both of them and found that stock parts makes the engine happiest, also if you can get exhaust parts from a dealer they carry a life time warranty for as long as you own the car.
The other oddity is the car does not have a PCV valve, just the hose and joints but no valve, however under the intake is a grommet where the pcv hose goes into the block that drys out and creates a vacuum leak that makes the idle bounce, a few bucks and someone with small hands is all it takes to fix idle bounce.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
The VX is a fun car, want to make it feel sporty? just down shift, otherwise you should be getting 50mpg, the two biggest killers of these cars is rust around the wheel wells and teenagers who want to pretend they own a race car.
I'm on my 2nd vx, they are great, partly because they are so cheap to own, nothing brakes down and you can fit all kinds of junk in them.
Most common problems that people seem to have is the O2 sensor going bad, search a little online and you can get them cheap otherwise auto part stores charge around $350 last I checked.
these cars also are a bit fussy about air intake and exhaust, between the two vx's that I have owned I've replaced alot of the parts for both of them and found that stock parts makes the engine happiest, also if you can get exhaust parts from a dealer they carry a life time warranty for as long as you own the car.
The other oddity is the car does not have a PCV valve, just the hose and joints but no valve, however under the intake is a grommet where the pcv hose goes into the block that drys out and creates a vacuum leak that makes the idle bounce, a few bucks and someone with small hands is all it takes to fix idle bounce.

yea that dam five wire o2 sensor or something like that killed my wallet lol. then later when the check engine light gone i felt better and saved gas. the dealer got lifetime warranty thanks i will go check that out next time i go to hunting for parts lol.

The PCV valve don't got valve how do you fix it?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG-VX-Driver View Post
The PCV valve don't got valve how do you fix it?
You don't fix the lack of valve, it doesn't need it, that is the point, the way this engine is designed it works best with higher vacuum on the crank case, it might appear to be "broke" but it's not, it's an amazing engine, that is why they put so much research in to designing it and why the VX cost so much new compared to the other Civics of the time, it's one of those impressive cars that has yet to be beat.

Reply  Post New Thread