Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
How can I make the recumbent pedal conversion for NBC110 (like Allert's)


De ligmotor

There is a picture but not explanation for moving the foot controls up front.

I would be doing this conversion to an NBC110.

NBC110 frame can be seen in this video.



My gs500e was stolen today which sucks but now I have excuse to buy NBC110 and get better fuel economy and on road costs.

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 06-09-2019, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Wales,UK
Posts: 72
Thanks: 14
Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts
Here's how I did it :-

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post406700
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Perfect just what I was looking for. It is hard to visualize without seeing it first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Wales,UK
Posts: 72
Thanks: 14
Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts
Happy to help in any way I can.

May I say that the bike you've chosen is an excellent choice for conversion. Minimal frame mods and proper forks are a good start.

Although it's not essential, especially in the Australian climate, I assume you'll be wanting a full fairing eventually. My advice would be to leave that until the very end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Happy to help in any way I can.

May I say that the bike you've chosen is an excellent choice for conversion. Minimal frame mods and proper forks are a good start.

Although it's not essential, especially in the Australian climate, I assume you'll be wanting a full fairing eventually. My advice would be to leave that until the very end.
Some solid advice there. Yes I would intent to make a fairing.

Can you tell me what size tie rod and tie rod ends you used for the linkage? Did they hold up alright or would you recommend another size?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Wales,UK
Posts: 72
Thanks: 14
Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Man View Post
Some solid advice there. Yes I would intent to make a fairing.

Can you tell me what size tie rod and tie rod ends you used for the linkage? Did they hold up alright or would you recommend another size?
The linkage bar is a 6mm threaded bar inserted into a ss tube (tubes don't flex). End joints and levers are standard motorcycle fitments, threaded bar fits the theads on the rose linkage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elmira, NY
Posts: 1,604
Thanks: 260
Thanked 273 Times in 230 Posts
Once you get the bike set up the way you want, have someone help weigh it at both wheels with you aboard. This will help determine the the center of mass. The center of pressure for the shell should be aft of the center of mass. The HPV body shell software at recumbents.com is helpful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
The linkage bar is a 6mm threaded bar inserted into a ss tube (tubes don't flex). End joints and levers are standard motorcycle fitments, threaded bar fits the theads on the rose linkage.
Good stuff. I have had a little bad experience with linkages so wanted to make sure I get a proper size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
Once you get the bike set up the way you want, have someone help weigh it at both wheels with you aboard. This will help determine the the center of mass. The center of pressure for the shell should be aft of the center of mass. The HPV body shell software at recumbents.com is helpful.
Sounds good.


I have bought the bike so now I'll get started with the plan.

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com