Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2023, 05:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I found plenty of people making concrete mixers from 55-gallon drums, but most of them were powered and the one manual DIY mixer didn't seem as effective, but it also seemed like the guy you shared used much more water than anyone else, or than I ever used.

I thought of something like a rotating composter, but you position the drum vertically, with the pivot above the center of gravity: This is interesting, but I don't have any idea when I will next need to pour concrete, let alone enough to warrant using a mixer.

Today I had the idea of making Mom a cedar rolling raised planting box.

Last year I made a big bench to go around Mom's potted plants, but those pots deteriorated in the sun, so I hoped that cedar would last longer, she wouldn't need a bench if it is raised, and then if it survives until it gets below freezing we can just wheel it into the kitchen. I tried to look up designs and I found this:

It isn't cedar and won't necessarily hold up as long as you want, but it was $140 shipped, and should be a good start.

I don't have any idea what kind of stain they use. You would hope that it would be food-safe, but this is made in China and sold on Amazon, so maybe putting in pieces of cedar to isolate the soil from the treated wood would be good after all.

Many people asked how to treat it and nobody gave a good answer.

People also asked about buying a green or hoop house to go over it and pretty much everyone responded "I don't know, look."

Bringing it into the kitchen seems vastly better. Best Choice Products Raised Garden Bed 48x24x32-inch Mobile Elevated Wood Planter w/Lockable Wheels, Storage Shelf, Protective Liner - Acorn Brown

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81FKJ45QAJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	33696  
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread