Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Old Retired R&D Dude

Little Red - '12 Toyota Prius c 2 Two
90 day: 57.82 mpg (US)

"Whitey" Bulger - '14 Toyota RAV4 LE
I have gone into work on my bike, it's only 5 miles, so I'm not too rank when I get there..
Now that I'm 95% retired, we just ride bikes instead of walking to get some fresh air. (More fun).

It rained yesterday and today, but we just got a short break (and 20 minutes of sun) so we did a quick 5 miles.. Which is almost enough for old folks.

Current ride: 2014 RAV4 LE AWD (24 MPG)

Wife's Pizza Transporter
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
I REFUSE!

VTEC Express - '96 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 57.72 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to thebrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
If it's followed by the finger I think we all know. I think you have to take the way the come around you as a sign as to whether they are mad or just letting you know that they are back there. I get a few chirps(Not sitting on the horn) from folks to just let me know that they are behind me.
I've only had two of the finger to date, but yeah I just figured it was their way of letting me know they are passing until it started being the last car in a long line of cars it's like "Thanks guy"
So I was wondering if there was some sort of cue I was missing out on because I don't think I take up that much of the road.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Had a blowout today. The tire bead gave way enough to let the tube get between the tire and the rim which lead to a very load psssssss. I noticed it being out of round riding and was going to look at it tonight. The tire is toast I'll have to get another one. The good news is that it made it till I got within 20 yards of the house to let go.

I had some one yell "illegal" and stand on the horn as they floor it from 2 lanes over. Don't know if he though I was an illegal or that I was breaking the law riding on the road. Either way he was wrong on both counts

Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I wasn't commuting but someone leaving my neighborhood decided to run up next to me and lay on the horn today. I was riding past the entrance so they prolly thought I wasn't from around, but tomorrow I'm going to go for a spin looking for their very distinctive car so I can take the plate numbers and report them to the police,

Reply  Post New Thread