Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
3 Banger

mosquito - '00 toyota echo 2 door
Howdy from Texas.

No, I don't wear cowboy boots and a hat. I don't own a horse.
I do own a 1990 Geo Metro now. I picked it up for $950. I've been checking the mileage and the first findings show 41 mpg avg. Each finding takes a while to get to since it sips gas and I'm not driving that much for the time being.

When I bought the car, I just smiled when opening up the hood and seeing the 3 cyl motor and the tiny radiator. Wow. The motor purred just fine. The body was in fair shape, no major crumples at all. I gave the rear bumper a lift on one end since it drooped. I started with bungee cords, but then got tired of that look and proceeded to dig into the root of the problem and fixed it right. The mounting surface for that side of the bumper had been smushed down, so I bent it back to it's horizontal position. The bumper was then refastened to it.
The interior was really ugly, so I'm slowly doing what I can to make it a little easier on the eyes.

I found a deal on a Haynes Manual on Amazon, so tickled to get it that cheap. $7 with shipping.

Well, I'm enjoying seeing the modifications going on here and the ingenuity. Maybe I'll learn something. It's possible. Part of me wants a friend to call pimp my ride for me. Part of me doesn't. I've seen some of the silly add ons they put on cars and I'd hate to have some sort of ridiculous thing on my car. Then, too, it's fun to work on it on my own, make it better than it was.

Attached Images

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread