Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2017, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSW View Post
3 cylinder engines aren't they?
No, those are 2-cyls. IIRC the only 3-cyl engine currently made by Fiat is a 1.0L naturally-aspirated one fitted to some Brazilian Fiats.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydad4 View Post
I don't mind driving this way as long as it doesn't piss off drivers that don't hesitate to pop you the "finger". Southern California's slow lane speed is NOT 55 and I remember being stopped by the CHP for obstructing traffic . I'm looking forward to seeing how much mileage I can get out of the Fiat with the help of this forum.

My practices so far are: I shift under 2k rpm, coast everywhere that I can, turn off the car when I can but this is really difficult and scary at red lights where I'm not familiar with their times, and other general stuff. Let's see how this works out!
That would piss me off to no end. I can agree that going 55 on expressways can be suicidal at times, especially if the speed limits are 70+. The expressway speed limits around me are mostly 55 and 65 mph, I usually drive at 55, coasting can get me up to as high as 64 mph. If I was in a 70 zone, the slowest I would drive is 60 mph.

Want to know the ironic thing about that situation? I'll bet the ensuing gawk block/rubbernecking/Hey check that out! That guy got pulled over! Quick, put it on instagram!: caused a hell of alot more obstruction of traffic than one person going 55. It really pisses me off that people don't understand how to use expressways. They have several lanes, SO USE THEM! If someone is going slower than you want to, GO AROUND!

I was in the far right lane(5 lanes) of a 55 zone today and a semi came up on me and flashed his brights at me. REALLY? I'm going the effing speed limit! Anyways, I reverse passed him and got behind him so I didn't have to deal with that stupidity. Oh yeah, and there was a traffic jam a mile up the road so the guy didn't get to his destination any faster... This crap doesn't happen very often thankfully, usually its just confused people that settle behind me at 55 mph while everyone else passes. Can't say i've ever seen a finger from going slow.

If you couldn't tell, I have strong feelings on this subject.

I would suggest using a little bit more of your rpm range, such as bringing it up to 2500 rpm before shifting while using a moderate amount of throttle. Of course this depends on the situation, if there is tons of traffic around, or stoplights then accelerating slowly usually comes out on top.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

Old 09-15-2017, 02:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

All That Jazz - '06 Honda Jazz i-DSI S
Team Honda
90 day: 48.72 mpg (US)
I normally sit about 50 - 55 on our dual carriageways/motorways. Limit is 70 mph. There is really pretty strict lane discipline so as long as you sit in the inside lane, no one worries. Trucks and such travel around that speed anyway, so it is no great issue. If lane 2 is busy and I get a big truck on my rear I speed up, just out of courtesy. Only once, in the past couple of years have I been tooted at, by a panel van, and lane 2 was empty!

Reply  Post New Thread