Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I will never forget

11 years ago I was looking for some parts in a scrap metal salvage yard when I first heard about the planes hitting the Towers. It was a time when I became determined to do something about the World's dependancy on fossil fuels. I did not realise, at the time where this determination would take me, but I knew that if it was possible, I would make some contribution to the state of transportation, hopefully a change that would be important enough to be my legacy after I am gone from this world.

I think at times that in life there are opportunities to do something important. I'm not sure how this works but that is not the point of this thread. In life you will sometimes find this opportunity, and I believe I have found mine. To make a real contribution to make this World a better place for those to come, so their lives can hopefully be more fruitful than my own.

The quest continues. I never thought it would be so difficult but seldom does success come easily. I have my dream, to see the resources we are blessed with be utilized to their maximum potential. To understand the history of efficiency and how it can guide us to a better future.

Thanks to all here for your contributions. It does not matter who you are, or where you were born. We are all citizens of this small Planet and we should all dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of better ways to accomplish our goals.

regards
Old Mechanic

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
2000neon (09-11-2012), JethroBodine (09-11-2012), mcrews (09-11-2012), t vago (09-12-2012), WD40 (09-11-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Mech,

For me, it came in the Spring of 2007.

I know, not as far back as your "awakening", but one non-the-less.

And like you, since 2007, I have been learning new ways to save energy!

Thanks for the gift of gab and sharing your thoughts!

Jim.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
This site and its contributors are educating the masses, Keep up the good work old mechanic and the rest of the "teachers" on this site.

Reply  Post New Thread