Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post

Divided six lane highway with a left turn short exit lane 45 MPH limit. HE CAME FROM THE MOST RIGHT LANE ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT TURN LANE ALL IN ONE MOVE, LIKE I WAS INVISIBLE. HE WAS PULLING OVER WITH ME PRECISELY BESIDE HIS DOOR AND THAT IS WHERE I PULLED IN THE CLUTCH AND GOT AS CLOSE TO THE CURB AS I COULD WITHOUT HITTING THE 4 INCH RAISED CONCRETE EDGE.

Posted that in the first post. I did not look at him, didn't think about him hitting me, just about maintaining control and not hitting the curb and I was inches from it at 45 MPH IN SAND!

It was the only way out.
Why the ALL CAPS? No need to explain yourself again, or be defensive about it.

You did what you had to do, and luckily you survived. You even got to brag about it here.

That's not my point. My point is that you can do everything right while driving a bike and still end up injured or dead. Because on a motorcycle there is virtually nothing between you and the impact of the crash - even tho it's usually caused by the other driver.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
I sold off all my motorcycles a couple years ago, I wasn't using them enough.

Last summer one of nephews got rear ended on his bike while stopped at a stop light. Short trip home from 2nd job on Sunday and didn't bother with the helmet. Smashed his skull, almost removed one ear (deaf in it now) punctured lung and more. Lady in expedition blamed a soda bottle got under the brake and she couldn't stop. He'll never be the same. Helmet on he would have still got hurt, but would be 100% recovered today.

I don't want to be critical of your wife's cousins, but that is the one of most common way motorcyclist are whipped out so you need to always be aware of that.

If Old Mech was on a 1000 a twist of the throttle, slight swerve away and he may have got out of danger quicker. But most 1000s get the worst FE than his Fiesta.
On a 1000 a twist of the throttle IN SAND puts you on yer arse.

Reply  Post New Thread