Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.....

Its his rig, let him do as he sees fit. All of us Jeepers are well versed in the "Honda mod," and who knows, through johnpr efforts he might make a more FE friendly Jeep.

A diesel would be a sweet swap, out here in the US your choices are limited if you wish to stay within the requirements of smog. The 2.8 out of the Libby is a problematic engine, AEV did it once and said what a major pain in the neck it was. In Johns case he'd need to find a VW oil burner 07 or newer to swap in and deal with adapting the engine to his rig. Can't do a 4BT or a 6BT due to age. Could do a 6BT if he used a Ram frame. So he can't do a whole lot engine wise. His rig is more aerodynamic than even your CJ, there is some potential to be had.

EDIT directed to crexcrex

Last edited by Red; 08-27-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am little confused on who you talking too.... But any who.. Aero mods are awesome... I have drew out some designs for my jeep but all I was saying is that the 4.0 sucks... it likes to waste fuel and run rich all the time almost...( I gotta find the thread with this info) .. If some how we could control how much fuel being use we can see more mpg... Like I said before aero mods are awesome but better mpg also come from the engine as well... And with aero mods well then you will see some gorgeous mpg..... Their tons of diesel options ..but more modifications are needed to work...
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatbrah View Post
I am little confused on who you talking too.... But any who.. Aero mods are awesome... I have drew out some designs for my jeep but all I was saying is that the 4.0 sucks... it likes to waste fuel and run rich all the time almost...( I gotta find the thread with this info) .. If some how we could control how much fuel being use we can see more mpg... Like I said before aero mods are awesome but better mpg also come from the engine as well... And with aero mods well then you will see some gorgeous mpg..... Their tons of diesel options ..but more modifications are needed to work...
Yeah sorry forgot to quote crexcrex in the other one

I've heard the 4.0 tends to run lean but never been able to find some hard numbers proving it one way or the other.

Reply  Post New Thread