Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

How do we know you're not a troll, vago?

The Following User Says Thank You to pete c For This Useful Post:
AlienBlood (02-23-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
How do we know you're not a troll, vago?

a). I've made almost twice as many posts as you, pete c. b). I've given out almost 6 times as much thanks as you have. c). I've been thanked almost 4 times as much as you have, in over 3 times as many posts as you have. d). My compound curve aerocap's been featured on EM.com's blog. e). I donated money to EM.com.

I think I've proven my point about trolls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snahe1.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	12523  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
There are other things done with the idle speed, fueling, spark advance, etc. in concert with the cylinder cut out but the main function that makes the limp home system work is the cylinder cut out. Remember, the valves are still operating so the cylinder still pumps air thru it...making it an internally air cooled engine when in limp home mode. This is often confused with the DOD (displacement on demand) system upcoming on GM engines and the older V-8-6-4 system on the 81 Cadillacs. They are not the same as the Northstar limp home mode. In DOD the valves are actually disabled so that they stay closed to disable the cylinder. Just turning off the fuel to disable a cylinder causes huge pumping losses that are immediately evident trying to drive the car. With only 4 cylinders running and 4 dead but still pumping the engine has the net output of about 1.5 cylinders as much of the power goes into the pumping loss of the dead 4 cylinders. In DOD, the gases trapped in the cylinder act as an air spring returning the power used to compress them to he piston on the down stroke.

I wasn't trying to troll. Simply wondering the pros and cons, and if anyone had tried it. Pete, this was exactly the answer I was looking for, so thank you.

I opened my membership a year and a half ago, but I admit I rarely spent any time on the forums. I apologize for not being able to sort through the pages (literally thousands of entries) on the subject to find my answers (amidst all the "can I just take the piston out and run it like that and get thousands of MPG?" threads.)

So FINALLY, after three and a half pages of scoffing and mocking the "retarded new guy who thinks he knows everything", I get two real answers. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
He's simply trying to get a rise out of people, who would then post items to try to prove Alien d00d wrong.
no, but thanks for the psychoanalysis. And thanks to Pete for showing some information from someone (who presumably has experience) that has proven me wrong.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:

a). I've made almost twice as many posts as you, pete c. b). I've given out almost 6 times as much thanks as you have. c). I've been thanked almost 4 times as much as you have, in over 3 times as many posts as you have. d). My compound curve aerocap's been featured on EM.com's blog. e). I donated money to EM.com.

I think I've proven my point about trolls.
You should have put some of that EM donation money towards a sense of humor.

Good on you for donating. I think you've shamed me into doing the same.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBlood View Post
I wasn't trying to troll. Simply wondering the pros and cons, and if anyone had tried it. Pete, this was exactly the answer I was looking for, so thank you.

I opened my membership a year and a half ago, but I admit I rarely spent any time on the forums. I apologize for not being able to sort through the pages (literally thousands of entries) on the subject to find my answers (amidst all the "can I just take the piston out and run it like that and get thousands of MPG?" threads.)

So FINALLY, after three and a half pages of scoffing and mocking the "retarded new guy who thinks he knows everything", I get two real answers. Thanks.
You're welcome, troll.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
You should have put some of that EM donation money towards a sense of humor.
My sense of humor was surgically removed when I joined the Navy, and they never gave it back when I got out.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
My sense of humor was surgically removed when I joined the Navy, and they never gave it back when I got out.
A fellow squid! Thanks for your service. What did you do?

I am still a reservist. Did 6 years as a surface ET about a 100 years ago.

They tried to stomp out my sense of humor as well, but, I've managed to nurse it back to health.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
I wasn't trying to troll.
And I'm trying to be nice. See, lying works both ways.

Quote:
I apologize for not being able to sort through the pages (literally thousands of entries) on the subject to find my answers (amidst all the "can I just take the piston out and run it like that and get thousands of MPG?" threads.)
See, now I know you're lying.

The very first page of that Google search, that you scoffed at, would have given you the very answers you were looking for.

Quote:
Many people on this thread gave you answers. They just didn't fit with your "Megasquirt/3 Expanded" derived cylinder deactivation idea from your "building" BMWs for a living.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snahe2.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	12524  
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
A fellow squid! Thanks for your service. What did you do?
Thanks. I was a sub nuke officer, and got out after it became apparent that I'd have to have my head surgically inserted into my rectum, in order to advance. Surface ET, eh? What ships were you on?

Quote:
They tried to stomp out my sense of humor as well, but, I've managed to nurse it back to health.
Still trying at my end, I'm afraid - I make do with sarcasm and backhanded comments.

Reply  Post New Thread