Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
So you're making an Harlequin Insight, nice

Nice find, you got a great deal.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...

Last edited by tasdrouille; 12-05-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Draco - '89 Ford F150 ext cab shrt bed XLT Lariat
90 day: 16.45 mpg (US)
Last time I was at Baughmans In york PA they had a slightly molested insight mostly front exterior panels missing and a big sign on the Hood saying DO NOT TOUCH! lol They are high price to begin with and I'm pretty sure they know what they have...
Because we are big dumb redneck Americans and we only want V8s that thunder and use lots of gas pushing our empty Super Duties down the highway at 100 MPH in the fast lane while warming our butts in heated leather seats and chowing down on double quarter pounders and texting on our cell phones. We cant understand non-V8 engines because that ain't whut NASCAR uses...
Not this American.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastRider View Post
Last time I was at Baughmans In york PA they had a slightly molested insight mostly front exterior panels missing and a big sign on the Hood saying DO NOT TOUCH! lol They are high price to begin with and I'm pretty sure they know what they have...
I don't even go to most junkyards south of Harrisburg. Usually a bad idea for me, I get in fights with people who think they're sitting on a gold mine.

Since you're in Central PA, it might be far from you, but Harry's UPullIt is a great place with nice prices. You pay $2 to get in, but it's worth it. The entry fee keeps the douche bags out.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Quote:
If I was closer, had more money, etc... I'd be on it like... like... rednecks laughing at broken glass!
LO-F-ing-L.

RobertSmalls, You have half the forum drooling with this find... Including me. Cruel, cruel man.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Draco - '89 Ford F150 ext cab shrt bed XLT Lariat
90 day: 16.45 mpg (US)
Heard of Harry's and also EZ pull nearish Hburg, It's popular with the offroading group I wheel with.

But when I'm looking for a bargain I go to the yards in rural areas their prices make sense. Baughmans charges about 75% of new.
Because we are big dumb redneck Americans and we only want V8s that thunder and use lots of gas pushing our empty Super Duties down the highway at 100 MPH in the fast lane while warming our butts in heated leather seats and chowing down on double quarter pounders and texting on our cell phones. We cant understand non-V8 engines because that ain't whut NASCAR uses...
Not this American.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
LO-F-ing-L.

RobertSmalls, You have half the forum drooling with this find... Including me. Cruel, cruel man.

You right about the “forum drooling” this type of finds are like landing on the moon with parachutes. I wish down here in the south and this mosquito bites people knew at least what a insight is. One guy told me that when he saw an insight at first he thought it was a giant vacuum cleaner for wall-mart or something.
The closest insight in U-Pull it is like 500 miles away me. It would be better for me to cut me some swamp trees make me a boat and sail of the Japan for parts.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087943/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087939/

Bought Accord 88 LX'i on ebay.com for $380
Check out our Honda build
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67592

Also check out the Scooter we bought for $300- 92MPG
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...y&thread=32692
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery View Post
...I wish down here in the south and this mosquito bites people knew at least what a insight is. One guy told me that when he saw an insight at first he thought it was a giant vacuum cleaner for wall-mart or something.
The closest insight in U-Pull it is like 500 miles away me. It would be better for me to cut me some swamp trees make me a boat and sail of the Japan for parts.
All of our junkyard parts are filled with rust. Visiting Arizona is like heaven for car guys here.

Reply  Post New Thread