Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now
 


Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
tasdrouille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mirabel, QC
Posts: 1,672

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
Thanks: 35
Thanked 85 Times in 56 Posts
So you're making an Harlequin Insight, nice



Nice find, you got a great deal.

__________________



www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...

Last edited by tasdrouille; 12-05-2009 at 01:31 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 90

Draco - '89 Ford F150 ext cab shrt bed XLT Lariat
90 day: 16.45 mpg (US)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last time I was at Baughmans In york PA they had a slightly molested insight mostly front exterior panels missing and a big sign on the Hood saying DO NOT TOUCH! lol They are high price to begin with and I'm pretty sure they know what they have...
__________________
Quote:
Because we are big dumb redneck Americans and we only want V8s that thunder and use lots of gas pushing our empty Super Duties down the highway at 100 MPH in the fast lane while warming our butts in heated leather seats and chowing down on double quarter pounders and texting on our cell phones. We cant understand non-V8 engines because that ain't whut NASCAR uses...
Not this American.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastRider View Post
Last time I was at Baughmans In york PA they had a slightly molested insight mostly front exterior panels missing and a big sign on the Hood saying DO NOT TOUCH! lol They are high price to begin with and I'm pretty sure they know what they have...
I don't even go to most junkyards south of Harrisburg. Usually a bad idea for me, I get in fights with people who think they're sitting on a gold mine.

Since you're in Central PA, it might be far from you, but Harry's UPullIt is a great place with nice prices. You pay $2 to get in, but it's worth it. The entry fee keeps the douche bags out.
__________________
"¿ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
orange4boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wet Coast, Kanuckistan.
Posts: 1,272

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Thanks: 98
Thanked 297 Times in 174 Posts
Quote:
If I was closer, had more money, etc... I'd be on it like... like... rednecks laughing at broken glass!
LO-F-ing-L.

RobertSmalls, You have half the forum drooling with this find... Including me. Cruel, cruel man.
__________________
Vortex generators are old tech. My new and improved vortex alternators are unstoppable.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining how a wing works takes a rocket scientist."
-Philippe Spalart


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 90

Draco - '89 Ford F150 ext cab shrt bed XLT Lariat
90 day: 16.45 mpg (US)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heard of Harry's and also EZ pull nearish Hburg, It's popular with the offroading group I wheel with.

But when I'm looking for a bargain I go to the yards in rural areas their prices make sense. Baughmans charges about 75% of new.
__________________
Quote:
Because we are big dumb redneck Americans and we only want V8s that thunder and use lots of gas pushing our empty Super Duties down the highway at 100 MPH in the fast lane while warming our butts in heated leather seats and chowing down on double quarter pounders and texting on our cell phones. We cant understand non-V8 engines because that ain't whut NASCAR uses...
Not this American.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
discovery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: N.O.
Posts: 149
Thanks: 16
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
LO-F-ing-L.

RobertSmalls, You have half the forum drooling with this find... Including me. Cruel, cruel man.


You right about the “forum drooling” this type of finds are like landing on the moon with parachutes. I wish down here in the south and this mosquito bites people knew at least what a insight is. One guy told me that when he saw an insight at first he thought it was a giant vacuum cleaner for wall-mart or something.
The closest insight in U-Pull it is like 500 miles away me. It would be better for me to cut me some swamp trees make me a boat and sail of the Japan for parts.
__________________
Honda Insight Parts For Sale

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087943/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10087939/


Bought Accord 88 LX'i on ebay.com for $380
Check out our Honda build
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67592

Also check out the Scooter we bought for $300- 92MPG
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...y&thread=32692
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 193

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery View Post
...I wish down here in the south and this mosquito bites people knew at least what a insight is. One guy told me that when he saw an insight at first he thought it was a giant vacuum cleaner for wall-mart or something.
The closest insight in U-Pull it is like 500 miles away me. It would be better for me to cut me some swamp trees make me a boat and sail of the Japan for parts.
All of our junkyard parts are filled with rust. Visiting Arizona is like heaven for car guys here.

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Junkyard Wars does a Hypermiling Episode! 1337 The Lounge 10 08-16-2009 03:09 AM
[Donation] Geo Metro Factory Service Manual XFi For Sale 7 11-07-2008 02:55 PM
Found something interesting at Harbor Freight... justpassntime Aerodynamics 1 07-12-2008 03:58 PM
Honda Motocycle/auto Service Manuals here FEET_ EcoModding Central 0 05-12-2008 01:13 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com