Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
One feature I don't like about the Loremo is that upward opening front door. Just imagine trying to get in the car in the middle of a heavy downpour or thunderstorm. I hope the seat fabric is waterproof and the display screen and steering wheel buttons are washdown rated. Otherwise things might start to get interesting when you tried to power up the car after sitting down in a soggy seat.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
If this car is available when I graduate and get a reliable cash flow.... That's so the car I'm buying.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
One feature I don't like about the Loremo is that upward opening front door. Just imagine trying to get in the car in the middle of a heavy downpour or thunderstorm. I hope the seat fabric is waterproof and the display screen and steering wheel buttons are washdown rated. Otherwise things might start to get interesting when you tried to power up the car after sitting down in a soggy seat.
I know. People from the snowbelt tend to mention what will happen when it has 6" of snow on the roof and your scraper/brush is on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03
If this car is available when I graduate and get a reliable cash flow.... That's so the car I'm buying.
Me too, if the price stays where they have been projecting. It looks like it could use some help from ecomodder.com on the underside, however.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Definately a cool car, but I think it might have trouble if brought over the United States in the near future. I don't remember the exact specifications, but I think it has a 0-60 time of ~20 seconds and a top speed of ~80mph. If anyone has clarification (or if I get the motivation to research) then feel free to correct.

I've taken a lot of inspiration from that car, but my car purchase of choice would be the VW 1L (which also has a top speed of 80mph...). Ofcourse, that would have to be a used VW 1L. Isn't frugality a synonym of efficiency...

- LostCause
Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

pontiac trans am - '00 pontiac firebird trans am

jeep 1 - '02 jeep wrangler
90 day: 16.76 mpg (US)

jeep 2 - '07 jeep wrangler x
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Toyota - '09 Toyota Corolla lx
thats a nice car. very interesting
Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Definately a cool car, but I think it might have trouble if brought over the United States in the near future. I don't remember the exact specifications, but I think it has a 0-60 time of ~20 seconds and a top speed of ~80mph. If anyone has clarification (or if I get the motivation to research) then feel free to correct.

I've taken a lot of inspiration from that car, but my car purchase of choice would be the VW 1L (which also has a top speed of 80mph...). Ofcourse, that would have to be a used VW 1L. Isn't frugality a synonym of efficiency...

- LostCause
I just need 65 mph, so that I don't impede traffic during rush hour. Otherwise I'm happy going slower. I'll just use oil slicks and explosives to get away from the cops.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:

- LostCause
1L would be even cooler But that's money Even used

I imagine, if it's 22K (USD) over there - it'd be somewhere around 30K after import... Just a pretty off the wall guess.

I showed it to my roommate - he likes it too. I told him the 0-60 time, and he wasn't thrown off by it (he drive's a 4 cyl Accent). I mean, my car's 0-60 is something like 18 seconds Another 2 seconds won't kill me

One thing I haven't noticed.... Do an of the windows roll down? Do I need to open the door to pay a toll (I do have an electronic toll pay thinger though )... What about when the car is how (I usually drive with the windows down for a few minutes to take some of the load off the a/c)? Having windows that roll down is a useful thing to have....
Old 04-13-2008, 05:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
I've had daydreams of building my own one-place, three-wheeled VW 1L knock-off. I may not get 230+mpg, but it would be damn cool.
  • 4130 Chromemoly tubular space frame
  • Composite (FRP) body
  • Lexan Canopy (from homebuilt aircraft supply company)
  • 250cc Kawasaki Ninja Engine w/ MicroSquirt EFI
  • Monoshock Rear Suspension
  • Double A-arm front suspension (probably from modified ATV parts)
  • Skinny Tires + Aluminum disc rims (Either 89-91 Ford Mustang Turbocoupe spare rim or other)
It would be a trike, so in CA that would mean relaxed registration, carpool access, no motorcycle license, and better aerodynamics. It would be relatively light (one person, space frame construction). It would be plenty powerful (28+HP compared to 8hp of the 1L). It would lend itself to a cheap Li-ion electric conversion easily in the future (lightweight, aerodynamic).

It would be pretty scary to drive in the truck lane and would probably be a pain to register and insure, even under relaxed regulations. Seeing as I have no fabrication knowledge and would need to learn some vehicle engineering (ackerman steering geometry, etc.) I would have a slim chance of being successful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03
One thing I haven't noticed.... Do an of the windows roll down?
A sliding canopy could probably solve that issue. Either Van's RV/P-51 Mustang style or Bede BD-5 style.

Vans RV Canopy

BD-5 Canopy

I dream too much...

- LostCause
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Wink

Quote:
I think it has a 0-60 time of ~20 seconds and a top speed of ~80mph. If anyone has clarification (or if I get the motivation to research) then feel free to correct.
Actually, there are two versions, and more in the future.

MODEL -- 0-60 mph ----- Vel MAX ------- Consumption ---------- Cost

LS -------- 20s------ 99 mph (160Km/h) - 157mpg (1.5l/100Km) - 11.000€?
GT -------- 9s------ 137mph (220Km/h) -- 87mpg (2.7l/100Km) -- 18.000€?

Electric --- 15s----- 105mph (170Km/h) -- 393mpg (0.6l/100Km) --- ???

Last edited by Abner; 04-13-2008 at 09:42 AM..
Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

tigra AERO - '96 opel tigra
I like the GT version.

Reply  Post New Thread