Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Definitely you have a sticky turbo, it should reset after every start until it overboosts with revs/throttle.

Look on youtube for the "turbo Mr Muscle Fix" this decokes the exhaust of the turbo, it works well I have done it on several cars with good success.

Kermit the Lupo 3L 1.2 Tdi with a current mpg record of 114mpg (imperial) Now sold

G1 JDM Insight I hate the ride but love the quirkiness
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Those earlier VNTs were a PITA in regard to the coke build-ups.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Tnx guys. CAn you please provide any Oem part numbers for hydraulic pipes and seals. I ordered the accumulator today, but the tech said "no such a thing as seals and pipes..."

Last edited by iwcham1979; 04-14-2016 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The car is in the garage, waiting for the new plates, and then the mechanic... Since i dont drive it, i checked the oil level in the container every morning. That mechanic definitely overfilled it with oil, apparently not knowing what he was doing. The pump has sucked in the oil in the accumulator, and he topped up. When the car is off, the oil level starts to rise, and the oil somehow, whether by design or brute force finds a way to drip out. I have managed to take out about a dl of oil by using suringe. Also, i have just read that the oil needs to be GREEN VW PowerSteering oil, whereas the mechanic poured in some red steering stuff. Is all this overfilling, dripping, and using inappropriate oil likely to cause any damage, where there was no damage in the first place. I should have replaced only the accumulator and leave it at that. Nothing more was required, but now...

Some of the oil i extracted:
[img=http://s30.postimg.org/78799l5gt/IMG_0955.jpg]

The correct stuff:
G004 000 (M2), which is actually the the new G002 000

Last edited by iwcham1979; 04-15-2016 at 05:33 PM..
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Guys, went to pick up the car. New accumulator installed, seals changed, Hydraulics oil changed, turbo cleaned, went for a test drive, the car drove fine, but i forgot to ask whether the basic settings had been done, so i drove back to the garrage. The mechanic said "No", so he took his laptop, and started doing the settings. The Vag-Com was slow to respond, giving instructions to loosen some nut, then tighten it, the gearbox started making clicking sounds. He unhooked the laptop from the Obd connector, and the car wouldn't start. When in tiptronic he continued clicking and selecting gears.... When connected via obd it went to 1, 2, 3, had trouble selecting 4, and went on to 5, sometimes barely touching 4. The mechanic said the car needs to be raised and some nut disconnected so that the gearbox could go through the gears unobstructed and finish the settings. After doing so, the same thing happened. I tried to start the car when the car was lowered, the engine started, but immediately cut off. The mechanic was in the middle of servicing another car so he had to leave Lupo for tomorrow, "hoping" to find the solution. Any advice would be appreciated! I am now worried if any damage had been done and whether things had been seriously messed up...

I found something about not switching off the ignition under any circumstances, after the basic setting had been interrupted, which was obviously done here....

Last edited by iwcham1979; 05-04-2016 at 12:28 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread