Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I don't know about anyone else, but this is entertaining...

"Metro Talk" with Johnny and Schultz Magliozzi

good stuff you guys

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys.
Machinist friend of a friend finally got back to me. He finally found the time to work on it. I'll be picking it up this week and starting back up this weekend. Racing the weather now. Chill days are coming.

Edit: and I'm back finally got the head back, good times. Got it out on the bench. Decided against resoaking the lifters.. hope that's alright. Going to tighten the journal bolts to "good n tight" as suggested. Today: camshaft back in, and distributor on hopefully. Can't find my cable for the camera so pics will be tomorrow.
I'm quite anxious to get this thing done.

Edit: .....and we've hit a stumbling block. BOOOO. The replacement distributor shaft oil seal is visibly a different size than the original (which was cracked in removal). Off to NAPA. Camshaft housing bolts are on and nothing snapped, so that's good. Replaced the paper gasket under the end of the distributor holder housing.

Edit: Got a distributor shaft oil gasket. Same circumference.. slightly different thickness. siggh. Hoping for the best... Got the distributor on... going to do the cam gear now. 17mm -45 ft/lbs.
Done

Okay things are looking pretty good. I guess.. hmm time to trim the head gasket.

edit: head gasket trimmed. not pretty but I have roughly doubled the size of the hole and it's all within the step down.

edit: whelp that's that.. the head is pretty much together. I'll need to connect up the intake next and then headbolts, replace water pump and a couple of odds and ends.

Last edited by an0nymous; 10-11-2008 at 05:21 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread