Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

92Integra - '92 Acura Integra LS
Team Honda
90 day: 44.18 mpg (US)
Mpguino inaccuracy

I searched the forum before starting this thread, but was unable to find any related threads to my problem. I installed my Mpguino several weeks ago. I calibrated it over the first two tanks, and at the end of my last tank it was within 1/10 miles to my cars odometer, and 1/100 gallons used compared to the gallons to fill it. This was over the course of 450 miles, and 10.6 gallons of gas. I did this filling up at the same station, and using the same pump to try and keep things as consistent as possibly. With the numbers being so close, I did not calibrate anymore when I refilled the tank last.
I am now 215 miles into my most recent tank, and the Mpguino in reading that I have traveled about eight miles father than my cars odometer reads. I am confused how this could be, after traveling over 450 miles the tank before, and only being of by 1/10 miles. I have noticed recently that when using the instant mpg screen, that the reading at times jumps way up and down, but most of the time it looks to be reading an accurate number. I mostly use the current mpg screen, which would not produce the erratic reading like the instant screen. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
I can't answer your question but wanted to jump on board since I just had a similar issue. I have a VX and an mpguino and i used the initial settings for VX from one of the tables. It seemed to be completely accurate. The first fill up I did after the calibration took almost exactly the same gallons as the gauge said that I had used and the distance was exact. On the next tank I just filled what the gauge said I had used and if I remember correctly the pump clicked off as well. This last fill up however, I was able to get almost a full gallon more into the tank than the gauge indicated. I was at a different station and on a very slight grade both front to back and side to side. Now I have to question the gauge accuracy. Would that slight grade allow a full extra gallon? Do I have a fuel leak somewhere? I guess if I can get back to a level station and have a higher reading next fill, that will answer my questions.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Green frog - '97 Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI 81kW
Diesel
90 day: 43.1 mpg (US)
Hi,
maybe we have same problem.
Check this out: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-21984.html

Reply  Post New Thread