Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

MPGuino Source?

Just discovered this Ecomodder forum, though I've driven a Prius for 4 years.
Want to add the MPGuino project to my '88 VW Westfalia, but can't seem to find a source for thei kits or ready built unit.
Any sources please?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
I got mine pre-built through an online order to opengauge.org. Details here. The purchase is through a paypal transfer.

Last edited by hummingbird; 04-04-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old 04-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you hummingbird. I did look at that page, but couldn't determine if it was still active. Appears it must be.

The only requirement I need is the liters and Kms version - or the knowledge on how to reprogram it. Living in Canada has its challenges

The Canadian supplier seems to be out of stock for quite some time.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
It is simple you just have to apply appropriate conversions on the figures for pulses per km and us per gallon parameters.

I also live in a km/liter world. I have a Honda City (the same as Honda Fit in the US) and the parameters listed on the MPGuino Wiki are actually usable as-is for me, with the correction applied e.g. reduce the us per gallon by a factor equal to gallons/liter, and reduce the pulses / km by a factor km/mile. The units will still say MPG and miles, but one can ignore that, just concentrate on the reported figures. (But on this site, everyone discusses miiles and gallons, and how I wish I could start thinking in those units myself. But it would be too weird for my real world)

I just recently recalibrated my unit, and it is a revelation what the data tells you about the engine's inner working!

Just send a mail to the address mentioned, you may get the latest status about whether the sales are active or not. As simple as that. For me they charged some money extra for shipment, but with Canada I suppose it should not be a big problem.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the input again hummingbird!

I am waiting on a reply from the sources that say they sell the MPGuino - including the one in Canada. I have several friends that program microprocessors, so perhaps they could even rewrite the code to change MPG to Km/L. Here in Canada we use L/100Km (which I do not like, but have gotten used to).
While living in Australia, prior to 1984, we used Km/L so it was an easy change from MPG to Km/L.

Love our Prius - we get 4.3 to 4.6 L/100km regularly in summer, but it goes up to 5 to 5.2 in cold winter driving.
[EDITED to remove personal data]

Cheers

Last edited by spitsnrovers; 04-05-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread