Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learning quick

Good Altima - '06 Nissa Altima 2.5s
Reached a block in my progress

So my 2006 automatic Altima has
1. a grill block 90%
2. PSI at max in tires
3. Took out 100lbs. (Sun visors, spare tire, jack, subwoofer and 2 amps, front Focal speakers, Back seat arm rest., and all the junk is out.

Ive seen huge improvements with just this.. and of course the scan gauge 2 and my engine on coasting. I also follow the speed limit plus 1mph so no one can accuse me of being a moron. lol I also shut the engine off at lights. my avg tank from empty has been 342 miles. AVG of 15 full tanks from empty. With 60 liters in. (Im canadian ) mpg messes me up.

With change of style and small mods I am now averaging 560 miles per tank from empty with 60 liters in. So for arguments sake we`ll say a 39% increase in FE. wow .. (8 tanks)

So my dilemma now is since I have an automatic I cant engine off coast. The results have been great!!!! Im happy so far. But now being an ambitious person I refuse to put permanent pizza pans on my wheels.
Is there a way to put temporary yet safe and effective flat rim covers on the tires?
And is there a way to have the same thing for wheel covers like on the honda insight? The skirt that hides the back wheels..

Is it worth the cost f i drive about 15000 miles per year? And what kind of effeciency do these two things usually return

Any other ideas for an automatic Im open to suggestions. tks!! i feel like this might be as good as it gets for this ride.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-22-2011, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
See this thread on wheel cover attachment.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...orn-14306.html

I'm assuming you have some alloy wheels on the car and probably some nice newish lug nuts. So for this attachment method you might want to get some other closed-top lug nuts to modify. Cheap from a junkyard maybe, or from a parts store for $25-30 if I recall.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
perhaps it's more worthwhile to have a look underneath the car and see if you could easily smooth out something there... a simple front undertray is very doable that gave me the courage to cover the rest of the engine and the rear of the car.

nearly invisible but the car will coast further, feel more stable, etc, all things that encourage you also to drive even economically.

seeing what you've done i think it's the next step to take

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*
Reply  Post New Thread