Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Wagon View Post
Bah, it's an Si! It should have dawned on me when the factory tach showed such a high redline. I double checked and it is a 1.6L. The trans has to come out to fix the throw out bearing, and a trans swap would be easy at that point to a CX trans etc. But then, it is a non-riced out, un butchered Si, maybe I should just leave it as is and get rid of it, it's probably worth more with the Si gearbox in it. I want something as highway friendly as possible. The search for the ultimate, non-heat score winter beater continues ha ha
Tbh you could probably sell that engine and tranny and buy the 1.5 engine along with a CX or VX tranny and have spare change.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I like the resale idea, with the stock tranny, bearing replaced. It's worth more that way. Even better if you do one or two other things to spruce it up. Get so $$$ and buy what you really want. Sounds good!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Ya I am thinking it made it this far without getting hacked up, I don't want to be the guy that does it. I really do want a Del Sol, but a non-Si. It'd be one thing if it needed a bunch of work anyway, but it's a clean survivor of a car so I think I'll just leave it alone. Well, fix the throw out bearing but not mess with anything else.

A wholesaler I know has a 2002 Saturn SC1 with a 5 speed. It's clean, with snow tires, and he paid $300 for it in a package of cars he bought. I offered him $350 but that didn't fly. Yet... he runs out of money on a regular basis so if that deal happens the Del Sol will go to a new home.