Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Same thing again today. I had an a-hole in front of me that if no one was in the left lane would slow til I could catch up. Once someone appeared in the left lane they matched that persons speed til they passed. Then they slowed so I could catch back up.

I also played part of that game trying to keep 100 ft between me and him so people were willing to merge in front of me just to find this guy is purposely slowing up.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I really wish I had video for today. Driving down a five lane road, an individual thought they could pull into my lane join me. Had I not seen this reckless idiot try to swerve into me with their Suburban, me and my little Insight would have been jacked up. So unfortunately I had to make a lane change in an intersection, and we were just a few inches apart.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Did you say lawsuit? For a moron in a truck blowing smoke at your car? Or something else?

I LOL'd at where the guy works. He loves to burn lots of fuel - job security!

I just changed vehicles, buying a pickup truck for the first time in my life. I haven't put many miles on it but I've already discovered a good bit of what I'm calling "pickup camaraderie", folks letting me in line, ceding right of way, that kind of thing. But I've also come across cases of mines-bigger-than-yours. I didn't expect people getting 10MPG to intentionally try to get less than that, but there you are.
i'm an idiot. changed my 1st response. not this video. the other one. sorry.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh, the old switch a roo in the intersection trick? I use situations like that to just slow down or coast to let the guy in front anyway. Ive found many of those guys purpose do it and if you purposely let them in some can get right pissy. Of course there is no shortage of pissy drivers on the road. I dont really get pissed off any more as I let the car behind him whip around and deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I really wish I had video for today. Driving down a five lane road, an individual thought they could pull into my lane join me. Had I not seen this reckless idiot try to swerve into me with their Suburban, me and my little Insight would have been jacked up. So unfortunately I had to make a lane change in an intersection, and we were just a few inches apart.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Not banned yet

another moron....

vid quality low due to computer not editing/uploading vids. was retaken with phone.

this was on the way home Sat. I was going about 60. guess he was watching a movie. at least I didn't get rear ended again.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

So the person just ran up on you? Strange since you are in the right lane. I see that, but they normally swerve over to the next lane.

Stuff like that use to piss me off, but there are 3 more guys ahead of me to cut him off and brake test him.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
So the person just ran up on you? Strange since you are in the right lane. I see that, but they normally swerve over to the next lane.
If he wasn't paying attention, he probably didn't know if the left was clear.

My only at fault accident involved passing a semi in the middle lane, in the rain, at night. There was a car with the lights off, going much slower than the speed limit, right in the spray of the semi.

I was traveling about 35mph faster than the slow car when I noticed it close ahead of me (was doing 85 in a 65). Rather than rear-end him, I gambled that someone was not likely in the left lane.

The rear of my Legacy hit the front of the Bronco and did a 360. I maintained my lane and recovered, the Bronco driver drove off the road, through bushes, and into the retaining cables.

Although I was young and certainly at fault, I wish there was video footage of the incident. I recall seeing the Bronco leaving the highway as I pointed in the opposite direction. It made for a more lively commute than normal.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Not banned yet

like you said, if he was paying attention, he would have seen the left lane open.

Last edited by deejaaa; 10-14-2014 at 12:19 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread