Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Losing the MISinformation

Quad Cam - '00 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX
Last 3: 25.94 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
They claim to have found a way to charge batteries, Lithium, in seconds, by guiding the molecules through the lithium plates.
Recharging argument taken care of. (maybe...)

Range argument simplified. (hopefully...)

Cost argument multiplied... (most likely... )

Guess which argument is holding me back already.

The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal...
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I'm still thinking long and hard about EV conversions, and at the current time, I can only really think that, while I'd love to do one, there aren't too many places within 50 miles round-trip that I go to, ever.

That said, I'm personally looking into an electric motorcycle, more for kicks than anything, but also to "get around" in when I don't feel like going for a walk, but would just love to Joyride up to Wally World and loiter for awhile.

I may more than likely build an EV trike as my first though, since I can carry two people in it, it's more stable, lighter than a 4-wheeled vehicle, and can still have _some_ cargo area.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
Toyota RAV4 EV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Whether or not Toyota wanted to continue production, it was unlikely to be able to do so, because the EV-95 battery was no longer available. Chevron had inherited control of the worldwide patent rights for the NiMH EV-95 battery when it merged with Texaco, which had purchased them from General Motors. Chevron's unit won a $30,000,000 settlement from Toyota and Panasonic, and the production line for the large NiMH batteries was closed down and dismantled. This case was settled in the ICC International Court of Arbitration, and not publicised due to a gag order placed on all parties involved.[1][2] Only smaller NiMH batteries, incapable of powering an electric vehicle or plugging in, are currently allowed by Chevron-Texaco.
gotta love conspiracy stuff Just a few more years and those patents will expire.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
OK, Chevron/Cobasys and raisin man (the super old guy that wrote the special needs article. He's known the world over as raisin man, because he's real old, and raisins are real wrinkly, and often found in bran muffins, he main diet to help him stay regular. Since his old age has caused problems with incontinence) should both be "dealt with". hahahaha!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
He's a very cynical guy. And where is he fueling his car? 3 minutes is crazy fast. It takes me 15 minutes to fuel up my Ranger at half of the 17.3 gallon capacity(from experience), it takes even longer if the tank is dry (sorry for the duh factor). And it takes twice that to go inside and pay, not everyone is foolish enough to keep plastic cards that can precharge for your fuel without. I've tried them too. Fickle creatures.

Not saying he's justified but there's no reason to attack him personally. No doubt he's developed these views from experience.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
And does he have experience! hahaha!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Not saying he's justified but there's no reason to attack him personally.
I am not attacking him, the nickname did stick though. Raison...,,, that gentleman...... sounding like someone yelling "that thing will never fly' at the Wright Bros. is an attitude which I cannot sit by and ignore!

I am my own worst enemy- the Yahoo group Small Efficient Vehicles ranted on about something perfectly normal in CA., and I got booted out of that group for saying banning everyday occurrences was stupid. I just don't know when to shut up!

At least; when ecomodder kicks me out, I will have my myth (a.k.a.-EV)!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Losing the MISinformation

Quad Cam - '00 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX
Last 3: 25.94 mpg (US)
Say What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
And where is he fueling his car? 3 minutes is crazy fast. It takes me 15 minutes to fuel up my Ranger at half of the 17.3 gallon capacity(from experience), it takes even longer if the tank is dry (sorry for the duh factor).
Huh? I know we're getting off subject here, but I've never taken more than 5 minutes to fill up the Intrigue. I drive a ton van on occasion, and it has a 35 gallon tank, and I've never taken 15 minutes to fill it up. Does this mean that regulations make for slower fillups in certain states???

Anyway... Christopher Jordan, you just keep ranting on. When I get over my second college-hood (and get a job...), I'm joining the ranks of EV drivers, and hopefully multiple times! Definitely a "Small Efficient Vehicle" for town driving, and well... kick me out if you have to... something with a lot of voltage and short range just for the fun of it... just to help prove that electric vehicles don't have to be slow and boring, you know.

Hey, I can be a Myth-Buster, too!

The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal...
Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Meh, must just be our gas pumps are slow.

Or it could just be the fumes, time really slows down when the pump starts chugging...

Reply  Post New Thread