Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Quote:
Its good relations to get approval.. and great for when you screw up .. then you can say "but you OKed it"
Or you can just not ask permission and not take any crap from her when you screw up. I'm right all the time, even when I screw up.

Quote:
Good. Save yourself. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Flee while there is still time.
Absolutely! I find women are hideously bad with money. Few that I've seen even comprehend compounded growth. I'd say about 75% of the women my age have a negative net worth, and 20% of the remainder have had serious cash infusions from daddy (loans paid off, cars, etc).

Quote:
Ah yes, but how do you calculate THAT? Very few of us get paid money or make money to get somewhere 10 minutes sooner.
Hey, I didn't say the math would prove you wrong, put it in dollars and cents for your wives so they understand! Some idiots I know set their wives up with SUVs for "peace of mind" because they're marginal drivers and the husbands want them to be "safe". I guess learning to drive properly and stop yacking on the cell phone is too much to ask. Sorry, just saying. Any reason the wife won't drive a small car? It might be easier to cut down on fuel by putting her in a smaller car rather than teaching her techniques she's uninterested in.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Because approvals cost far less in guilt than I'm willing to deal with .
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Hey, I didn't say the math would prove you wrong, put it in dollars and cents for your wives so they understand!

Ha, that was funny how I took it the wrong way..sorry about that. I am used to people making the argument that their time is so valuable they do nothing for themselves, and any inconveniance/delay/labor is "not worth doing". My wife and I both drive the 1991-1992 Toyota Alltrac station wagons much of the time. Mileage is up to 32.1 after I inflated the front tires to the limit (44) and backs to 35. We were at 30.06 before that. I am getting the Arduino parts in so we can see how driving style affects the results.

Quote:
Or you can just not ask permission and not take any crap from her when you screw up. I'm right all the time, even when I screw up.
Do you enjoy stone cold killer seige warfare? In your own home?
Constant strain and tension? With someone who can take more than half your property, your kids if you have any, half your pay, plus child support which is not tax deducible, and goes for booze and partying instead of to the kids? My blood pressure is going up now just due to the flashbacks, so I will stop now. But the relationship with the person one marries is the most important in life IF you want peace and quiet. So if you do get married, pick the woman who is the most kindhearted/considerate. Nothing else matters ultimately.

Do not pick the woman with whom you enjoy "spirited debate", this will turn into insane nagging and screaming after 10 years.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
I feel your pain too. The mileage on the current tank on the elantra is not going to be very good unless I can somehow manage to save it during the weekend. The trips she made were very short, but I can't really blame her as she's been using the car less, so using less gas overall.

She knows what the SG is for, but doesn't really try to play the FE game with it. It's too bad, but I can understand. I spend way more on gas then her anyway.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Quote:
Do you enjoy stone cold killer seige warfare? In your own home?
Constant strain and tension? With someone who can take more than half your property, your kids if you have any, half your pay, plus child support which is not tax deducible, and goes for booze and partying instead of to the kids? My blood pressure is going up now just due to the flashbacks, so I will stop now.
"The only way to win, is not to play."

-Wargames (1983)
Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

"The only way to win, is not to play."

Man you got that right!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Newbie

RSX - '02 Acura RSX base
90 day: 37.87 mpg (US)
isnt that the attitude that has us in our current situatuion? what happens when your vegi fuel isnt free or even cheap anymore? why cant people stop wasting things?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

pontiac trans am - '00 pontiac firebird trans am

jeep 1 - '02 jeep wrangler
90 day: 16.76 mpg (US)

jeep 2 - '07 jeep wrangler x
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Toyota - '09 Toyota Corolla lx
hmmm, if you have a spread sheet program use this http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...heet-2195.html

i made the spreadsheet a while back and it shows you how much longer a commute takes, all you have to do is punch in two different speeds and a distance, the spreadsheet does the rest
Old 06-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

TJ - '01 Jeep Wrangler Sport

CJ7 - '84 Jeep CJ7

Shaggin' Wagon - '07 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
hmmm... so what you're saying is: I DON'T have to ask her permission to buy a device that will give her an electric shock if she exceeds 55 mph???

btw... I drive the Caravan because it gets the BEST milage out of my fleet. We have a big family, so need the Caravan. My Jeeps are both toys... One is being rebuilt for show and one spends the majority of time climbing rocks. I plan on buying something tiny when the deal crosses my path. When the trip/time warrents it, I'll pedal my bike.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Hey, after 25 years (anni next week!!!), roles have swapped. I get better mileage than she does now. Nope. no way to change them, sometimes not even showing them the savings... Hmmm, speedo tied into a dogtrainer collar... Well, not unless you like the doghouse!

She grudgingly though, has more and more given up the comfortable ride of the F150 for the Jeep and even the Neon on occassion. Especially with the Neon costing half what the S'Crew costs to drive.

At least your bride is driving the veggie...