Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

New Civic VX owner

I was just curious if there were any special tips that relate to driving, or even modding (yes I know that's a different forum, but it is my secondary question ), a civic VX? I just picked one up and I know that they have some quirks. I read some info on other threads, but I've still been piecing a lot together. Obvisouly the lean burn mode is significant.

So how can I run in lean burn mode as much as possible?
Is there any other tricks that pertain mainly to the VX?
Is there any particular mods that would help the VX more than others?

I've read the 65+ and 100+ mods and tricks threads. I'm hoping just to fine tune the advice I've gotten so far as to how it pertains to my VX.

THANKS!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have a d15z1 (Vx engine) in my Crx. The main thing you need to do to get the mileage that the Vx is known for is to keep it in lean burn as much as possible. The trick is to keep a light foot on the throttle, nice easy gradual acceleration when you can. I've been able to maintain lean burn up to about 70-75 mph sometimes on relatively flat roads. but its generally easier around 65. Obviously though driving slower will net better gas mileage. You'll get use to it after a while of driving it and you'll be able to feel it when it goes in and out of lean burn. You'l feel a "boost" of power.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

A vacuum gauge is my only mod and really helps to be light foot on the gas peddle. Also getting car in 5th gear as soon as possible without bogging engine,in my car thats just over 30mph
Old 10-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Super Duty - '12 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT Long Bed Super-Cab
90 day: 15.29 mpg (US)
keep your revs under 2500 and below 20% throttle, also you can get a wide band o2 sensor and see exactly what fuel enrichment you are running. I believe there is a way without getting a whole new o2 sensor cause honda has the 4 wire sensor.
I never owned a VX but from all the info I also picked up stepping on throttle each gear 80% up to speed and shifting before 3000 rpm until you hit cruising speed will help. I am in for a 95 CX model EG6 next week if the lien sale papers go through and the title is clean. 91K miles white!

Good Bye Insight Hello 6.7 Diesel Truck!
**My First Hybrid Insight**
Reply  Post New Thread