Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master procastinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Panelia, Finland
Posts: 256

Turan turan - '09 Volkswagen Touran Freestyle

Combot - '04 Opel Combo Tour
90 day: 41.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Oh and also forgot to mention, the verso is at the moment only car in the family so that's one reason not to mod it so much...at some state i'll get a small car for commute. That i can "freely" modify
Thinking about getting a swift or micra sort of car, maybe a tad bigger so i can tow my trailer with it. Had a lot of cars in the past, little strange having just one car

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 04-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 8,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 896 Times in 793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
Oh and also forgot to mention, the verso is at the moment only car in the family so that's one reason not to mod it so much...at some state i'll get a small car for commute. That i can "freely" modify
Thinking about getting a swift or micra sort of car, maybe a tad bigger so i can tow my trailer with it. Had a lot of cars in the past, little strange having just one car
At least you got a versatile car. I like those small wagons, but in my country they're not so popular. This model, by the way, IIRC was never officially available in South America but I see some JDM grey imports with Paraguayan plates once in a while.

About towing: recently I've seen even a Volkswagen Up towing a small utility trailer, so a Swift or a Micra presumably won't have problems doing so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master procastinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Panelia, Finland
Posts: 256

Turan turan - '09 Volkswagen Touran Freestyle

Combot - '04 Opel Combo Tour
90 day: 41.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
About towing: recently I've seen even a Volkswagen Up towing a small utility trailer, so a Swift or a Micra presumably won't have problems doing so.
Well that's true, at least outside the slippery times of year a small car should do the job, although it's a little bit illegal here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 8,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 896 Times in 793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
Well that's true, at least outside the slippery times of year a small car should do the job, although it's a little bit illegal here
Don't they have a tow rating back there? As long as you keep the weight down to that rating you're supposed to not have any trouble. Otherwise you'd be better off with another Yaris Verso or something like an early Renault Kangoo or a Peugeot Partner Origin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master procastinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Panelia, Finland
Posts: 256

Turan turan - '09 Volkswagen Touran Freestyle

Combot - '04 Opel Combo Tour
90 day: 41.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Yes we do, the trailers fully loaded weight(what's the word for that in english?) is the number to go by. For example my trailer is 750kg no brakes. Almost every small car has tow rate around 400-500kg/no brakes and about 800kg with brakes.
Yes, i could get a smaller trailer for a smaller car but that's a another story...

And i almost once bought another verso, but someone bid more than me on that one
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 8,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 896 Times in 793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
Yes we do, the trailers fully loaded weight(what's the word for that in english?) is the number to go by. For example my trailer is 750kg no brakes. Almost every small car has tow rate around 400-500kg/no brakes and about 800kg with brakes.
Yes, i could get a smaller trailer for a smaller car but that's a another story...
I guess you were talking about the gross weight. BTW is it out of question to fit brakes into your trailer?


Quote:
And i almost once bought another verso, but someone bid more than me on that one
Are those Euro-spec or JDM?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master procastinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Panelia, Finland
Posts: 256

Turan turan - '09 Volkswagen Touran Freestyle

Combot - '04 Opel Combo Tour
90 day: 41.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I guess you were talking about the gross weight. BTW is it out of question to fit brakes into your trailer?
Are those Euro-spec or JDM?
At the current financial state it is
It would be easier to buy an another trailer with brakes, maybe cheaper also. But i'll manage with what i have at the moment, i don't know how eager the authorities are about the trailer weight.

And they are euro spec.
I don't know are there any/many jdm yaris versos in finland?
An toyota bb would be fun, some are even 4x4 and lots of simularities with the yaris verso
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 8,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 896 Times in 793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
And they are euro spec.
I don't know are there any/many jdm yaris versos in finland?
Not sure if there are any JDM FunCargo there in Finland, but at least one Finnish member of this forum is a JDM enthusiast and IIRC he still owns a JDM Celica.


Quote:
An toyota bb would be fun, some are even 4x4 and lots of simularities with the yaris verso
The FunCargo also had 4WD available.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
justadude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Welcome aboard! I'm new aswell, but this forum really feels like home already. It's full of friendly people
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master procastinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Panelia, Finland
Posts: 256

Turan turan - '09 Volkswagen Touran Freestyle

Combot - '04 Opel Combo Tour
90 day: 41.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Welcome aboard! I'm new aswell, but this forum really feels like home already. It's full of friendly people
Thanks, and also, welcome
I've not been here long and have noticed the same thing, overall friendly people&atmosphere.

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com