Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Talking Newbie on A3 Gas 1.8 Sport version 98

Hi,

I'm from portugal and I just got my first car from my grandfather. I love the car but it has consumption of 9l/100km of gas.
I would like to get an mpguino working to improve my driving skills and reduce at least to 8.5l/100km.

Thanks

Olá,

Acabei de recerber o meu primeiro carro, herdado do meu avô. Eu sempre gostei muito deste carro mas o consumo é brutal (9l/100km).
Para começar gostave de instalar um mpguino para melhorar a minha condução e atingir 8.5l/100km.

Obrigado pelo vosso tempo

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
tinkerer

That sounds a bit low but you have found a great place to start.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny77 View Post
That sounds a bit low but you have found a great place to start.
Do you mean it is an unreachable goal?

thanks
Old 11-14-2016, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
tinkerer

Absolutely not the lower the mpg/ higher L per100k is the more a small change will help your budget. What i was saying is the fuel consumption seams high for the type vehicle type and displacement.
Question 1 is the fuel being used made from cane sugar or refined crude oil it does make a big difference.
Question 2 Next do you drive in the city or country?
Question 3 is the car in good condion?
Old 11-15-2016, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Absolutely not the lower the mpg/ higher L per100k is the more a small change will help your budget. What i was saying is the fuel consumption seams high for the type vehicle type and displacement.
Question 1 is the fuel being used made from cane sugar or refined crude oil it does make a big difference.
Question 2 Next do you drive in the city or country?
Question 3 is the car in good condion?
First of all, thank you for your time.
1) I use normal gas from bp, galp, repsol. I do not even know where to buy biodiesel or made from cane sugar.
2) Only City
3) The car is old but it is in great condition. It was always in my family, bought new with 0 miles. It always had high mpg's, even in the day the first owner bought it (my mom).

4) My grandfather said the best he could do was 8l/100km in the highways. Keeping the speed at 120 km or under that. I do notice that it goes to around 3800 rpm at that speedboat since the redline starts at 6500 does not seem a problem.
Although I will point that out to the mechanic next time I go there.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
tinkerer

I want you to try some thing drive the car like it was a bike for 1 week. Coast to the stop leave stops at slower speed thing like that and tell me your l/100km. Imagine you gas pedal is broken and only goes 1/4 the distance it can now, and imagine your brakes are failing drive like both the condition are happening at the same time. Drivers are 35% of a vehicles over all efficiency.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
I want you to try some thing drive the car like it was a bike for 1 week. Coast to the stop leave stops at slower speed thing like that and tell me your l/100km. Imagine you gas pedal is broken and only goes 1/4 the distance it can now, and imagine your brakes are failing drive like both the condition are happening at the same time. Drivers are 35% of a vehicles over all efficiency.
Thanks very much for the advices. I do believe so XD
I also need to understand how to install the mpgduino to get better understanding of fuel consumption.

Reply  Post New Thread