Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I think it may be like in total recall, where the first thing you do is yank out the robot

I also wonder, having visited a few airport screenings (I know, I know), how long till there will be "first class" drivers who get to cut in front of everyone else.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Not to hijack the thread but ...

Since some of you enjoyed my humor (and admittedly, I'm 'on the wrong side of fifty' myself) I began thinking of the antithetical possibilities of designing an OLD people's car.

Available options might include:

- An on-board dispenser for Attends pads for the incontinent (or a collection bottle with automatic drain)

- XM radio preset to the golden 40's or 50' channels (factory preset with super high volume for the hard of hearing)

- turn signals that have an extra loud audio signal to remind (startle?) the geriatric driver that he's already been signaling a turn (that never took place) for several miles

- 50's Cadillac style fins in the back to indicate where the rear bumper is located and curb-feeler springs for aid in parking

- a bifocal windshield for the visually impaired, to see objects in relatively close proximity

- and the deluxe 'Florida' model that will have a sensor that automatically blows the horn when the vehicle is driven on a sidewalk, to alert pedestrians of oncoming, imminent doom. (A model equipped with a large impact attenuator, AKA 'big comfy pillow' will also be available for those who have a history of prior collisions with people, dogs, etc., anything smaller than the OLD people's land yacht).

(In about twenty years you young folks will remember these - and then you'll LAUGH!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-11-2010)
Reply  Post New Thread