Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
Nerd for fuel economy

Hello there. I've been lurking for a few months and the suspense was killing me, so I created a new email so I could register, since my email was from yahoo. So I'll get down to the basics:

I'm 15 years old. I have my drivers permit, and I drive my dads fiance's 2005 Corolla since my dads truck is a 2002 Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, fully loaded, and a 6" lift, and baught and customized back in 2003 when gas was cheap. It is a work/commuter truck... trying to convince him to install a belly pan. He knows 10MPG average is horrible, and he wants to get a better car. So a year or so back, I found an '04 Aveo for him. My sister took it. Wrong timing. She sure isnt an eco-driver, if you know what I mean. Anyways, when i get a chance I cost the Corolla, and pull off the line slowely. I try to not annoy people until I get my own car, because I'll also annoy my dad with my slow driving, and "pulse-and-glide" technic. I am not sure what my opinion on stick-shifts is, because i dont know how to drive a stick. Until the moment I decide to buy my own car I havent decided what transmission I want. I plan ahead a lot, so even though I turn 16 in 9 months, I am planning what car I should buy. So far I'm considering a Cobalt, an Aveo, a Saturn Astra, maybe Saturn SL, and a Vibe (Tango_Charlie's thread on Olivia is the main reason I'm considering a Vibe. Thanks dude!). I have done all the research, and these are good choices for my search criteria. I really applaud the efforts of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and their efforts to protect whales from Japanese whaling.

So thats me. Just a kid with a laptop!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
KITT222 -

Welcome to EM! Stickshift. And I agree that the Vibe/Matrix is great. Compact car + reliable Corolla engine + lots of cargo space.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread