Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Good to see ya on this forum also todd!!

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave koller View Post
Good to see ya on this forum also todd!!
Hey Dave! Thanks, it's good to be here - lot's of my kind of thinking going on around here...

I just realized though, that I posted in the wrong thread - I meant to post this in the Paul & Sabrina thread!

It applies here too though, because I love the Uprising control board! I want one, or a couple.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddshotrods View Post
I just realized though, that I posted in the wrong thread - I meant to post this in the Paul & Sabrina thread!
Hey Todd,

Nice to see you here.

That makes more sense since the Uprising cannot do dual outputs right now.

On a very positive note! Eric has been making progress with the controller!

Its looking like there is some difference with the interrupts that I missed before. Im researching it tonight to see if this is the issue. Were on track though.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModder Student

A little update on the Uprising Controller software.

I solved the interrupt problem. Turns out that the atmega1284p has a different interrupt vector than the previous cpu. It may be pin compatible, but not interrupt compatible. I changed the pointers to the interrupt vector and voila....all is well for the timers. Also changed the serial interface interrupts and we now have serial port working.

So, I pressed my luck a little bit more and integrated the ethernet software modules. And we just now achieved our first packet exhange from a browser.

Still more work to be done, but it's nice to see blinking lights again instead of a dead board.

I only had one tool to use to find the initial problem.....I was able to turn the led on and off. I used this boolean tool to narrow down the search to the line that was stuck in an infinite while-loop. This loop depended on a global variable being changed on every capture interrupt from timer 1. Well, that variable was never being updated because the interrupt routine was connected to a non-existing interrupt vector location.

Now we have a much better debugging tool and are making progress hand over fist.

Thanks all for your patience.

Eric
adamj12b (07-04-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
EcoModder Student

Today I got the basic ethernet interface working on the Uprising Controller and got the web server to work. We currently have 11 pages of configuration data available to the user.

Included in those 11 pages are three that reflect the names and values of the variables known to most through RTD. So if you are familiar with the intricacies of the Revolt product, you will be able to configure most of this controller very easily.

Of course, the other 8 pages are user friendly, so you don't need to know what motor-os-dt means.

A second method of RTDing to the Uprising Controller is in the works. Today, you have the ability to connect a serial line to the Revolt product and monitor the activity for later analysis, that remains true with Uprising. We are making available for the Uprising product, a TCP port to connect with to process RTD commands. Thus substituting the ethernet for the serial connection. What this means is that you will be able to monitor and capture data remotely......from across the world. An enhanced RTD will be necessary to take advantage of this....or write your own socket program. Then when you get stuck, you just have Adam connect to your Uprising controller from his home, in the middle of the night, in his pajamas to diagnose your problem......is that OK that I said that Adam?

And, Adam, we still have 40% of the processor's data space free and 70% of program space free. We can grow a bit.

Ok, I'm back to the bug fixing.

Eric
adamj12b (07-13-2012), jackbauer (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

What would worry me is Adam remote connecting to my controller and changing the bat-amps-lim from a nice sedate 500A to a drive line shearing 2000A
Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
What would worry me is Adam remote connecting to my controller and changing the bat-amps-lim from a nice sedate 500A to a drive line shearing 2000A

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi,
any news regarding the uprising controller? we are very eager to know bet you are doing it on purpose, to get rid of the faint of heart please let us know hopes are still very high.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
EcoModder Student

I'll let Adam speak about hardware.

We still have a couple software bugs that only occur after running overnight.
Once I have time to correct those and pin-connect a few features, Adam has plans to do a shakedown using a rough and tumble Golf cart as the mule.

It's hard to make progress with only 24 hours in a day and a day job and family and the necessity for sleep. And I'm not as young as I think I am.

Nice to hear that there is an interest.

Eric
Old 07-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #50 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Thanks Eric,
I do understand such a position as I am in the same situation, but it is such an interesting subject and situation that it is impossible not to have a great interest.
I really wish you luck and tranquility during your 'Free' time, so your success will continue.
Best Regards

Mario

Reply  Post New Thread