Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
OBDII Port Question

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a question for some of the more technically inclined members.

As I understand a Mini Cooper / Mini Cooper S does not work well with the Ultra Gauge. This stems from the Cooper Programming remaining active up to 10 minutes after the ignition has be shut off.

A simple solution would be to plug and unplug the gauge, this is a an absolute pain in the a patoot!

I was thinking, could you just use a OBDII port-2-port (male-2-female) connector and add in a push-button power switch for pin number 16. I know you can purchase cable ends, but there is quite a bit of wiring and muttering to be done to create such a device. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a extension cable or of a OBDII port already pre-assembled with a power switch?

If you're confused for what I am talking about, I did find a right angle cable end with a power button built in, but I would have to splice all the UG wires...which then runs the possibility of ruining the UG completely.
http://www.fes-auto.com/upload/doc/5...connectors.pdf

Any suggestions appreciated!

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

no nickname , it's just a car - '04 volkswagen golf tdi
fuse for pin 16 or ground for pin 4

if you wish to disable your DLC you can open up the ground on pin 4 or open up positive supply on pin 16 , many cars use the cigarette lighter fuse to power up pin 16 , but , you would need to have a look at the wiring diagram for your system to see which fuse it is for your system.

or you could open up the network connection
pin 7 on ISO 9141 (OBD2 generic) but may be a different pin on later can systems that is causing your head ache

when the scan tool looses the positive supply or ground it may reset something you really do not want to be reset

Reply  Post New Thread