Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Talking Oi.

Oi,

Been lerking without an account quite a while now... finally got to signing up.

XD Would bother trying intelligent things with my current car.
But well... For one it's a V6 Buick Centry 92' monster.
And for two, it's currently running on 3-5 cylinders most of the time. ^.^'
And zi auto shops? They don't wana touch it--and I don't blame them one bit. That said, wasn't a bad car for a low maintenance car I learned to drive in...
*mumbles* Hoping that cylinder problem turns out to just be a bad connection somewhere... *has been working on cleaning all the car's rusty electrical connections and checking for bad wires when possible*

>.< Why is it cars always have such terribad weather protection on contacts?

That said, I have alot of crazy ideas fumbling around in the back of my head. ^.^ A number of which from time to time pertain to the replacement for the above monstrosity.

I love fiddling with electronics... in particular. Some formal, some impromptu knowledge there. The latter is something of my specialty ^.^...
Have welded a little. Have done a little cad. Pretty much the "oooh, that looks like a fun skill to pick up" person, who manages to keep interest JUST long enough to learn the rudimentary basics XD...
(>.< Tho I almost got the very first level of arc welding cert half a semester in... One... flaw... And lemme tell ya, them sticks were in HORRID shape. Damn flaw was from nearly a centimeter of the stick popping off mid weld. Not much I could do but sigh. XD At least the instructor no longer looked at me as "that random computer geek"...)
Currently in college working toward either a Computer Engineering degree or Japanese Language degree... hard to tell which sometimes. Not all that far along said either. Then again, I learn what is interesting/useful to me to learn... so...

If you couldn't guess. I've had an account over at diyelectriccar a bit longer, more my direction of interest. :3 That said ya folks have some pretty stuff here in that regards too.

As for other matters...
Sadly, I'm among the common group who cannot stand driving Stick in a car... Mostly due to the clutch. *sighs* Left foot co-ordination is a lot to ask from me. Never was good at it playing soccer, still ain't good at it driving. Though I've driven a clutch-petal-less manual once, wish they were a bit more common...
Ah well. ^.^' Not like I could afford one if they were.

Mmm. And my last bit. I once said "It ain't a project if something doesn't go up in smoke during it." to someone. I'm sure these words have been said by many greater than me... ^.^
... Then again. I'm not sure if many of them were pyros...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Welcome to ecomodder!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Eli
EcoModding Lurker

you might want to try welding with a wire-feed MIG. I found them easier then stick.

And give clutches another chance.

Welcome to ecomodder!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Welcome to Ecomodder!

Keep us up to date on your experiences.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
It is said that one reason for the popularity of the Austin 7 with tinkerers was that if you changed something, it was usually an improvement. Getting back up to stock performance can be a fine primary education, too.

Reply  Post New Thread