Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

this is sorta typical with small upstarts....deadlines made and not met. From what I understand the first prototypes are made here and then replicated in china and there may be a delay in shipping/production that wasn't accounted for.

As a business owner myself I make keeping my customers up to date a top priority. I want to keep that buzz going and I want them to know everything I know (unless it's bad)....is that the case? I don't know.

turbo model or nothing for me.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Frenzy View Post
From what I understand the first prototypes are made here and then replicated in china
That is what I read. Many references are made to 'buy American cars' and with more and more cars being imported to be assembled in the US, this EM3, Zap, and T-Rex might not fit into the 'buy local' fervour!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

buying local is a joke. Even if I wanted to go out and buy a new camaro...those are made in Canada. The toyota camry is made her in the USofA though.... and in my town We make Hyundai's AND Mercedes.

I'd rather see a push to "support your local small business". At least you KNOW that money is staying in your community.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Frenzy View Post
From what I understand the first prototypes are made here and then replicated in china and there may be a delay in shipping/production that wasn't accounted for.
I was very pleased to read on Facebook a comment from ECO Motors they are looking forward to the first ones from China. I am sure anticipating this 3-wheeler, hopefully as advertised with power windows, steering, locks, AC, etc etc etc!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Metro - '98 Chevrolet Metro LSi
90 day: 44.6 mpg (US)
At this point, if they are already starting production, I wonder why they still have cheesy photoshopped photos and no real MPG numbers listed....

I'm all for cheap Chinese knock-off vehicles but I mean, if you want to market something, make an attempt to make it look legit.

Also, nothing wrong with using the Metro engine. That's a solid little banger. But, the photo that they have showing is of a 1.3L 4 cyl model. The 3 cyl SOHC looks completely different...

The proof is in the pudding. I'd hold off until I see/hear about real people's experiences.

I'll never understand why companies feel they have to over-sell their product to the point of almost falsifying things to sell it. For me, as a consumer, I get sucked in by honest down to earth people. As soon as I feel that someone is trying to doop me or con me into something, I'll probably never go back.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
Its not really my cup of tea ('scuse the britishness) I don't see the point in it. apart from creating small industry jobs - couldn't you just run an import Toyota Aygo/Citreon C1/Pug 107 ??

Available in 3or5door and they're 4 seaters witha trunk gasoline ones that can 60MPGus(diesel even more) and when i had one while my car was in the shop, i took 3 friends out fro the day in it it did roughly 55mpg us with four guys and gear onboard including cruising 'beyond 70mph' officier

I really need to start a business import stuff like this to you guys!

twitter.com/bertchalmers
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Metro - '98 Chevrolet Metro LSi
90 day: 44.6 mpg (US)
Top 'o the mornin' to ya.

I be in agree-ance with yer idears. (More Pirate than British...whatever. ) On paper, it makes more sense for the American auto industry to simply import some of the smaller foreign cars than to branch out into cheaply made knock-offs. But, given the way they ruined the SMART car's mileage, I don't look forward to this day either.

We screw everything up. I guess it's all about profit margins. We could certainly make a nice effecient vehicle here in the US that could be on par with the foreign machines, but the monetary return, even if it sold well, wouldn't make it worhtwhile.

Last edited by jonathan150cc; 07-15-2009 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchalmers View Post
s - couldn't you just run an import Toyota Aygo/Citreon C1/Pug 107 ??
The main excitement for me is 4 wheels vs. 3: register or licence with "pocket change" and pay about one- third the amount for insurance. Compared to about 3 times that for a 4-wheeler. Lower parking, commute lane, or other reasons for this design are usually divided by areas.

My City-el 3-wheeler has been very inexpensive transportation, but it is wearing out- then what? A questionable (in my state) Xebra or a Piaggo? I am kind of limited buying a new 3-wheeler affordably.

Latest I heard was a trip to China extended to July 28 for the EMC3.

Meanwhile; we had a small car show with a Robin, a funny small van, and my City-el. All "unusual" 3-wheelers. I hope these EMC3s appear someday!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan150cc View Post
At this point, if they are already starting production, I wonder why they still have cheesy photoshopped photos and no real MPG numbers listed.....
Unfortunately Eco Motors have either clammed up or will no longer respond to e-mail. Those cheesy photos were up yesterday, but no updates or news at all. My bank was hit by the state recession and will no longer finance 3-wheel vehicles at all. My questions to them about that (what to do - when) were unanswered; not even an "I'll get back to you".

My first e-mail (where to get one) was answered by EMC very fast.

Lack of financing, no reply, just photoshopped renderings: that shuts off my interest.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts