Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2015, 01:16 AM   #1651 (permalink)
Permanent Apprentice

Thumbs up

Sure - I'll split it w/ you!

Don't worry about later - if it works out for you and you want to keep it, that will be awesome. I'd love to see your bug running with one of these. Even though I think the $$/KW value is much greater, between us, the cost is just what I paid for it. Perhaps I can trade out something else in the future. :-)

I really appreciate all you are doing/have done for EV's. You are truly making this a reality for me - I'm just trying to keep the good karma flowing.

- E*clipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I'll happily pay for shipping! And later I'll either try to convince you to sell it, or I'll pay for shipping back to you. Just figure out shipping cost, and the paypal will arrive right after that!

The Following User Says Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-01-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #1652 (permalink)
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I'll happily pay for shipping! And later I'll either try to convince you to sell it, or I'll pay for shipping back to you. Just figure out shipping cost, and the paypal will arrive right after that!
I think you are just going to have to accept that people are going to do nice things for you to show their appreciation of all the hard work you have put into this project.

Just think, a few more generous people and you may end up with enough parts to build the cheapest EV ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #1653 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Thanks again Paul, really enjoying going through the code, very straight forward (haha!). FOC on an induction motor got a lot less intimidating for me, all the greek symbols (and terms) in the world weren't helping, but this puts it all in context.
The Following User Says Thank You to P-hack For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #1654 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I don't know about straight forward, but I tried to do a lot of comments. haha. Part of what makes it hard to make it clear is doing all the floating point operations with integer arithmetic.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 02-01-2015 at 11:17 PM..
Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #1655 (permalink)
Permanent Apprentice

Good news!

It turns out the folks I bought that motor from have another one!

I'm asking about some details & what they would charge to ship it direct. This might be the least expensive way to handle things, rather than shipping it back & forth.

***edit***
It just occured to me, perhaps we can "crowdsource" funding for this motor?
I've never done something like this. I definitely want this to be completely honest, etc. I DON'T want anything from it. Here's what we could do:
1) I'll purchase the motor and send to Paul. It it now his motor, not a loan.
2) We'll set up some "motor" fund at Paul's website.
3) Those that would like to help out, send what feels right to Paul's website.
4) For those that help out, there can be a "Thank you" list or maybe something cool and useful . . . I don't know.
5) This fund will help compensate my cost for the motor & shipping - Paul can trade out a motor controller board or something in the future, up to the cost of motor.

Thoughts?

Last edited by e*clipse; 02-03-2015 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: 'nuther idea
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-03-2015), thingstodo (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #1656 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
It just occured to me, perhaps we can "crowdsource" funding for this motor?
5) This fund will help compensate my cost for the motor & shipping
Thoughts?
I think you said you would send him one of your spare $200 motors gratis. I'd be dissapointed if someone suddenly said I had to manage some crowdsoucing thing and reimburse you to make that happen.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #1657 (permalink)
PaulH

I thought we were still discussing the best idea for moving forward. I'm definitely not expecting e*clipse to pay for me to get a motor! I know e*clipse's project is 4 wheel drive. He doesn't have an "extra" motor. We could try that croudsource idea, or I could just buy it outright. It just depends on what it costs. I would really like to get a high powered AC motor like that for testing. And it would be the perfect motor for when I try that voltage boost on the front end. It's like me needing a soldering iron or groceries! This is a whole different category of motor that would help me with my business down the line. It's not as if I'm just some saint in all this! hahaha.
e*clipse (02-03-2015), thingstodo (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #1658 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I agree you should look into the pros and cons of crowdsourcing Paul, just that when someone does offer a donation (money/cheap motor that is part of a 10s of thousands dollar project), crowsourced or not, they should make good on it.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #1659 (permalink)
PaulH

I didn't think of it as an offer as much as working through ideas for the cheapest way to get a motor over here. You missed our back and forth over private message, so maybe it looked like he was just promising me a motor, but that's not what we were talking about.

By the way how does the motor temperature thing work on a standard motor? Is it a thing that goes from off to on, or is it a thermistor, or how the heck does it work? I'm trying to figure out the best interface for the motor temperature. Does it need another A/D channel or is it an ON/OFF?

-Paul
e*clipse (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #1660 (permalink)
Permanent Apprentice

P-hack

Perhaps you should take some of your precious time and ACTUALLY READ what I wrote?

Unfortunately I'm not made of money, and I'm trying my best to help out here. If you ACTUALLY READ what I wrote, you'll see that I offered to loan the motor with an extremely open ended way of getting it or its cost back sometime in the extremely open ended future. I said I would cover a lot of the cost of getting it there and was very open about it's future.

Cripes - you take misinterpreting what I say to an art form.

- E*clipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
I agree you should look into the pros and cons of crowdsourcing Paul, just that when someone does offer a donation (money/cheap motor that is part of a 10s of thousands dollar project), crowsourced or not, they should make good on it.

Reply  Post New Thread