Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Recreation Engineer

Black Stallion - '02 Toyota Tundra 4WD xCab

Half Pint - '06 Yamaha XT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I get anywhere from 15 to 18 mpg towing my 19' Scamp fifth wheel with a 4.7L 4WD Tundra

I'd enjoy seeing some interior shots of that. That's a cool rig (from a guy who really dislikes 5'ers).

Have you ever calculated storage space (cubic foot enclosed storage of cabinets/closets)? Have seen CASITA and SCAMP and some other "oddballs" but not ever heard about trade-offs (am familiar with aluminum trailer so-called "deficiencies" [primarily psychological IMO]) in "living".

I looked at the company website, but have trouble believing any of them in re weight, so, as a "hypermiler" I figure you have a short stack of weight scale tickets:

What is dry weight as well as GVWR?

What is the GCW on that rig as pictured?

Pin weight?

How does it do on a scale reading per axle?

Is the roof a solid cap, or a multi-piece "rubber roof"?

What are fresh and waste water capacities?

What is your impression of how long they last (time and miles)?

Thanks.
Good questions that I'm happy to answer but it's a different conversation so I created a new thread.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post179013

Cheers
KB

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajascoob View Post
Interesting. I wanted to do something similar, but make the top from fiberglas, with two pieces, one stationary and one moveable, so it could serve aerodynamic purposes when the truck is unloaded, and could resemble a normal topper when extended.

I am working up a belly pan for my truck right now, but I have noticed it is slightly impacting my engine cooling. Still need some refinement.

Reply  Post New Thread