Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
DieselMiser

Das Schlepper Frog - '85 Mercedes Benz 300SD
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Gentoo320 - '04 Mercedes C320 4Matic
90 day: 22.44 mpg (US)
Mifunego,

When you get lit up by a cop for squealing tires going around corner you aree likely to be going down for a reckless. I would suggest you look at how you are going to sound to the judge. Arguments like " I was in control the whole time", "I do this every day", "Well within the safe limits", etc.. are likely to get the book thrown at you. Engine off/on coasting is itself considered an unsafe practice by most driving experts. Don't expect that you are going to re-educate the judge by arguing you were hypermiling. He will likely view it as you threatening the public safety to save a few cents worth of gas.

best of luck to you.

Conn

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Laura the Lancer - '81 Mitsibishi lancer LX
oh man they hit you hard over in america,

I eoc'd down a hill doing 140kph, cop car behind me followed me to the bottom of the hill (5km eoc ohh yeah) i then glided to 100kph, he then passed me and kept going.

My tyres squeel all the time and i havent been pulled up,

I get pulled up mostly at night when i AM doing the speed limit,
I have been driving at 10kph above the speed limit for the last 2 years and havent been pulled up yet vs driving the speed limit and getting pulled up twice a month.

when i do get pulled up the ask for my licence, do a breath test check my registration and warrant of fitness (a w.o.f is a safety check for those who don't know) then tell me how gorgeous my car is and sends me on my way...

i drive one of these http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDYQ9QEwBQ minus the rims,

old cars rule!!!

sorry to here about your ticket bro.

Reply  Post New Thread