Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Have you considered a computer re-program being an auto and a Mazda there might be a tunre for it. While ECU tuners are used for tighter shifts and larger amouths of HP they can be used in the opposit for no Hp gains and better shifts. HP Tunners for example on the GMW J-Bodies can be used for this purpose it will alow your car to idle lower and shift more liek a standard car. Check the 626 forums if there is a tunner avalible for you car. And if anyone wants proof check out most program tunner websites.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
Check out Mazda G4A-EL transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that should be your trans it is also known as the Ford 4EAT-G.

For more info check out Mazda626.net Forums they should know if it is possible.

But yes it is possible to change the gearing on a FWD auto trans, on your car I'm not sure. On the gm 4t65-E there are several ones from 2.97 to 3.62 but that is only the final drive I do not know of anyone changing the individual gears.

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom For This Useful Post:
saand (09-20-2010)
Old 09-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wiki Writer

bugler - '91 Mazda 626
90 day: 35.89 mpg (US)
creeper, i would love to be able to tune the ECU but i went down this path a month or 2 ago opened up my ECU and there is no eeprom that can be identified and all the parts have useless part number on them, it appears that i would need to connect up a daughter board if it is at all possible (and the daughter board would be expensive). So i stopped going down this route instead opting for looking at overriding control of the shift points with a manual switches which i am looking at at the moment. Also i plan to modify some inputs and outputs to the ECU to fool it into doing what i want.

Phantom that looks like its the correct transmission thanks for the link
I am only really looking at the final drive gear which i assume will change ratios gear settings. I think ill have to have a look at the mazda626 forums try my luck there thanks for the link

Reply  Post New Thread