Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Polymorphic Modder

2006 DaCivic Hybrid - '06 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
My prayers are with your brother and family. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Damn roaming cows are a huge problem here in Utah. The farmers think they own the roads and the pastures.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Also, please remember my mom, she's having a pretty tough time with this since my dad just passed away about 10 months ago after them having been married almost 60 years. She went to the hospital with me this afternoon and made the comment that it's too soon for another tragedy in the family.

Last edited by Ford Man; 04-19-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Great News!!! My sister in law called my mom from the hospital this morning after the Dr. was in to see my brother, then mom called me to give me an update. She told my mom that my brother tried to talk to them this morning, saying they could understand part of what he was saying and not understand part of it, but I'm sure his speach would be slurred from all the swelling, broken bones, possible inner mouth injuries, and medications, but the good thing is that he's talking and seems to know everything. They said he had ask if he was at home. I'm not sure whether he meant was he at home when the accident happened or whether he was asking if he was at home now. She said the Dr. didn't say anything about the MRI they done on his neck, but apparently everything was OK, because my sister in law said they had removed the neck brace. He hasn't opened his eyes, but I'm pretty sure he can't, because of the swelling in his face, my guess is that his head is approximatley 1 1/2 times it's normal size with broken bones, cuts, abraisions, and bruising. Everyone keep praying and hopefully this will be a speedy and full recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ford Man For This Useful Post:
cfg83 (04-19-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

More good news came in this morning when my sister in law called my mom. My brother is out of the most critical portion of the trauma unit and in a private room within the trauma unit. We are going back to the hospital tonight and I'll update either later tonight or tomorrow. Keep praying it's definitely working,

Old 04-21-2011, 02:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

We just returned from the hospital about an hour ago and everything seems to be coming along much better that we were expecting. I was able to communicate with Terry tonight and he's able to open his left eye. He had a pretty bad cut that had to be sewn up at his right eye so it's probably going to take some healing before he'll be able to open it. He's not able to speak much, but he's writing us notes. Even in the condition he's in, first he thanked me for coming to see him and bringing my mom, since she doesn't drive. The next thing he said is "how is mom"? I assured him she was doing much better now that he was able to communicate with us and that she knew he was doing so much better. I asked him tonight if he remembered us being there Monday, and just as I suspected Monday he was aware we were there and remembered it. They were saying earlier today they were going to do surgery on his face Friday, but before we left tonight they had updated it to tomorrow saying he was strong enough to go through it, so mom and I are planning to go back to the hospital tomorrow morning to see him before they start the surgery and give him support during the surgery. Right after the accident they were saying he'd be facing multiple surgeries on his face, now the Dr.'s are saying this may be the only surgery he will need so the news just keeps getting better and better. They are estimating the surgery will be somewhere between 5 and 10 hours long (hopefully that will be good news too and only take 2-3 hours), so he'll have a long rough day to go through tomorrow, but hopefully after tomorrow he will be at a point where he can really get started with the healing process. Apparently he remembers everything leading up to the accident, because my sister in law said today one of his notes said "cow?". She said she just told him not to worry about the cow that it was gone now. I don't know whether he was asking if he hit the cow, what happened to the cow, or if he tried to avoid it and was trying to figure out if that's what caused the wreck.

I've talked to several other people who have family in the trauma unit and I'm sure they would all appreciate prayers for their family member and family also. I talked to one lady there tonight who's son in law has been there for 11 days I think she said and he hasn't come to yet. He's a law enforcement officer and an 18 wheeler turned over on top of the car he was in. She said they were flying him by helicopter to Atlanta tomorrow to have him checked out by brain surgeon there to try to find out what's going on with him. One lady who's dad is in the trauma unit surprised everyone tonight by bringing food into the waiting room and placing it on a cart for anyone who wanted something to eat. When we left I gave her $10. and told her if she decided to do this again to use it to help pay for the food and if she didn't just use the money for herself, either way is fine, because she probably brought in close to $100. worth of food tonight to help others. It's really nice to see someone in this type situation trying to do things to help comfort others in the same situation. When we first got there at about 5:00 PM, I heard her say her dad was running a temperature of 107, but when visiting hours rolled around at 8:30 and she went in to see her dad she came out very excited, so I knew she had got some good news. Her dad's temperature was back to normal. Maybe this was God's way of rewarding her for her good deed!

Please keep the prayers coming!!, not only for Terry, but for all the victims and their families.

Last edited by Ford Man; 04-21-2011 at 02:25 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
...Keep praying it's definitely working,
Honestly there is no data that suggest prayer helps, in fact in some cases it seems to be detrimental:
Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory P... [Am Heart J. 2006] - PubMed result

I'm extremely glad to hear you brother is getting better, seriously.

My sacrificial chicken must have done the trick, I really should have used one before the incident though. kidding (don't hate me)
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Terry went into surgery today at about 1:15 PM today and was there until about 7:45 PM, so about 6 1/2 hours. I didn't see the surgeon, but my sister in law said he didn't share much information, just said everything went well then left. We're hoping this is the only surgery he has to go through and that now he can get well on his way to full recovery. Thanks for all the prayers and for keeping our family in mind and most of all keep praying!!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I haven't had the chance to update lately, because we have been away from home either at the hospital or at my mom's house since Friday afternoon. Yesterday my brother started communicating with us more again after having a couple days to start recovering from his surgery. They took him off the ventilator last night and was able to leave it off part of the night, but had to put it back on him sometime during the night. I think that's one of their main goals right now to get him so he can do all his breathing on his own. Very little if any of the swelling has gone down, but he is looking much better. I don't know what they are giving him for pain, but apparently it's doing a pretty good job, he said yesterday his pain level was a 2 on a 1-10 scale. Everyone just keep praying and have faith, everything will work out fine.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Honestly there is no data that suggest prayer helps, in fact in some cases it seems to be detrimental:
[urpoop]Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory P... [Am Heart J. 2006] - PubMed result[/ur]

I'm extremely glad to hear you brother is getting better, seriously.

My sacrificial chicken must have done the trick, I really should have used one before the incident though. kidding (don't hate me)
Was that necessary? If you don't believe in God, then keep it to yourself. This man has a brother that was in a serious accident. Give him the decency to have hope that God is up there helping his brother out.

I'll be praying for ya, OP!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Honestly there is no data that suggest prayer helps, in fact in some cases it seems to be detrimental.
Prayer may not be beneficial if you don't have faith in God and that he's going to do the healing or whatever you're asking for, and no every prayer doesn't get answered in the way we would sometimes like to see it answered, because it's simply not the will of God, but I do believe the more prayers that are offered the better the chance of God granting the request.

Last edited by cfg83; 05-02-2011 at 01:24 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread