Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have no idea what this is...do you?

I was replacing my old top OEM catalytic converter with Eastern catalytic Eco III when I noticed this broken tube just dangling there out of the firewall and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is for (no DTC) and no where do I see the other end. I am worried what problems this hose not being hooked up is causing.

Side note: The previous owners I purchased it from a few months ago treated my G1 like a trashcan. The carpeting and overhead liner is ruined (how they got soda on the top of the car is beyond me . It has original IMA battery (checked honda never replaced under warranty) sucks I couldn't get more life from it. I did grid charge and deep discharger using someone else's charger at 350mA. It cured the 1449, but only got me 2000miles before got lesser 1447 .

Working on building my own grid charger and the supply I've been looking at is a Mean Well LPC-100-500 either at Powergate, Mouser Electronics, or I think Newark. Looking to hit 500mA with fan going to help deal with the resistance materials that don't seem to be getting dealt with at 350mA. I know I have a general idea on some of this, but I am just grasping still off what I have read and learned online. I am by no means an electrical minded person. I did purchase the book "Getting started in Electronics" by Forrest M Mims III on amazon. Its helping fill in some of the gaps. Anyways the grid charger is after I figure out which sticks are the under performing/bad sticks and if can find a way to replace them first. That way I don't feel like I am putting a bandaid on the problem. I want to solve it then maintain the pack ...Idea's on where to find good performing (6.5ah) fair priced sticks?

Last edited by Trinost; 06-11-2015 at 10:38 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

05 Prius (wife's) - '05 Toyota Prius package 5
Team Toyota
90 day: 44.32 mpg (US)

Citrus - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)
Ac evap hose. It leaks water so it doesn't go in your car.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

oh? so this is supposed to be like it is?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Yep, or you get water in the floors! Condensation from the ac evaporator runs out that hose.

regards
mech

Reply  Post New Thread