Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Scangauge.. woohoo cant wait

Well i ordered myself a scan gauge for my newer cars.. cant wiat to see if my intuition is right on for driving correctly for mpg.. and see what these vehicals can really do for MPG got a 99 minivan and a 2005 colorado pickup..

My father also wanted to try one out when he gets his new car.. hes thinking a yaris or maybe the new coblat high MPG model.. He likes the hatch backs and I was wondering what the new Hyundai accent could get , i saw 38mpg out of my 2002 accent and they were rated at 34.. and I wasn't hyper milling..

Has any one gone test driveing cars with the scan gauge used to get a real idea of what cars actually can do instead of EPA estimates? Think they would allow it.. suppose it depends on how badly they want the sale..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
Eta?

Has anybody purchased one lately? How long is it taking from order->ship. I ordered one a couple days ago and I hope to have it by next Monday (the 16th) but I'm not sure it will be here in time I called to ask but they seem to be a bit busy and either don't answer or don't call me back.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ratattoui - '96 Geo Metro
90 day: 49.46 mpg (US)
ScanGauge 2 has changed my life. You will NOT regret your purchase of this piece of tech.

I don't know why I didn't get one sooner, today was my first full day using it, put 130 miles on it, and I have to say, I am blown away. Knowing so much about what is happening with the vehicle is essential if optimum efficiency is what your after. I can't overstate this, the device will net you at least 5 mpg better if not more by virtue of knowing what you are and aren't doing right with the engine and your driving style.

There is a 5 day backlog on units. It is posted on the website in big red letters, but this must be a recent surge due to the ECOMOD explosion that is occuring. It is well worth the wait and will easily pay for itself in a month or 2 depending on how much driving you do. It's genius!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ScanGauge II came in today. Put in Escape. Went playing. Managed not to run into or get run into by anybody else. Lesson #1: I've been going up hills too slowly. 30-35 mph leaves the engine lugging and too high a percentage of power being used to change altitude. 35-40 was more efficient. So much for speed limits on streets.

An awful lot of readings were running high 20s and 30s mpg. I need to find out where those wonderful numbers go when I calculate a tank's mileage.

Next it goes on Caravan to read malfunction codes. Everybody else pays for their SG II with gas savings. I'm going to pay for it with good old fashioned shade tree mechanicing (Really. Under a shade tree. Ya' can't get anything in my garage.)
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
yeah the scangauge is great for mpg savings but it has so much data there to work with temps, etc.. everything and not to mentionthe erro code thing thats a bonus .. well worth the investment.. such a great device for the cash!!!

Reply  Post New Thread