Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yager GT 200i (KYMCO Yager GT 200i) | Fuelly

There are no engine build pictures, I've not done anything to the engine yet. All I've focused on thus far is friction reduction in the engine, bearings and rear gears, along with taller rear gears, and preheating the engine to bring it close to its operating temperature prior to running it.

I kind of ran into a road-block in my plans... Baisley Hi-Performance says their rollers are all too large and heavy (they're for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, after all), so I've got to find a fabricator who can chop up a pair of existing flat tappet lifters and put rollers on them... the rollers will actually be ceramic bearings, so all they really need to do is replace the flat tappet with an axle on which to mount the bearing. Haven't found anyone yet.

Last edited by Cycle; 08-05-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

la_voiture_de_courses - '03 Renault Megane Estate
OldContinents
90 day: 44.34 mpg (US)

xiao lan - '01 Audi A2
90 day: 38.88 mpg (US)

Brit iron - '92 Mini Mini
90 day: 45.5 mpg (US)

Prius - '09 Toyota PRIUS Lounge
90 day: 47.37 mpg (US)

Beemer - '06 BMW F800 ST
90 day: 53.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
I kind of ran into a road-block in my plans... Baisley Hi-Performance says their rollers are all too large and heavy (they're for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, after all), so I've got to find a fabricator who can chop up a pair of existing flat tappet lifters and put rollers on them... the rollers will actually be ceramic bearings, so all they really need to do is replace the flat tappet with an axle on which to mount the bearing. Haven't found anyone yet.
IIRC, the rollers were expected to widstand agressive cam profiles, right ?

If it's about friction, you could have the pads friction coated.

That particular part of your project is the one that sounds the most expensive to me and the one with the least ROI in terms of FE.

Huge CR + water injection or Atkinsoning (delaying inlet closure to 105 ATDC as in the Prius) the engine sounds more rewarding FE Wise.