Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

clank - '99 jeep tj sport
90 day: 17.32 mpg (US)
most cars tire pressures are around 30-35(miata's are the only ones ive come across that are in the 20's); there is normally a sticker placed by the manufacture on the drivers door or door sil that should tell you what the manufacture actually tested stuff at.

ps. the difference between a cruze eco and non-eco model according to that sticker is 3psi

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Aerolla - '97 Toyota Corolla Base
90 day: 35.86 mpg (US)

Cold Warrior - '87 Ford F-250 Supercab
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Redcoat - '02 Mini Cooper S
90 day: 27.4 mpg (US)
I know about the manufacturer's recommendation, and I have ruined at least one set of very nice performance tires on a Mercury Marauder by over inflating them, but those tires had side walls so stiff they were practically run flats. These tires on the Corolla... aren't. They're spongy and soft, and they roll on their sidewalls in sharp turns (which I still do when I'm entering an onramp). In the short period I've owned this car, I've noted wear is greater on the edges than it is in the center, which is yet another motivation to inflate these above the manufacturer's specifications. Tire brand is just as important in determining this as is the label. That is interesting about the Chevy Cruze, but I suspect that the low rolling resistance tires on the Eco also require, or can handle a higher PSI.

Best Tank MPG: 38.95 (in a 3-spd Auto)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
corolla, rpms, shift point