Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Another update: I’m up to 12K miles on this transmission so far. I have good news and bad news. The good news is it’s still shifting great. Also, about 1k miles ago I changed the fluid. I also changed the filter because I wanted to cut the old filter open and inspect the filter media. The old fluid looked good. It wasn’t bright like the new fluid, but it was still very red and had no visible particles and it smelled and felt normal. The filter I installed still looked good, it didn’t have any large particles trapped in the media and the magnet I stuck to the bottom of the filter didn’t catch any large particles either. There was some very fine glitter stuck in the paper element, but the buildup was quite minimal and I don’t think that’s abnormal. After seeing how clean the filter looked I am planning to change it again when I reach 300K miles, so about 45K more miles.

The bad news is that the range sensor is starting to act up and I can’t easily buy one for this transmission. I tried installing the one from the old transmission, but it didn’t work because it has 6 positions (P R N D D3 2) and my JDM SLXA Stream transmission only has 5 positions (P R N D 2) and D3 is activated by a switch rather than a position on the shifter. I posted on a couple Honda forums I belong to asking if anyone has an SLXA range sensor and I haven’t heard from anyone yet, so this is definitely a problem. Hopefully I am able to find one soon, driving with a bad range sensor gets very old very quickly since I have to clear the codes every time I move the shifter (several times a day) since it sets a P0705 and goes into limp mode every time I move the shifter, and I have a habit of shifting to neutral at stop lights.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread