Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2022, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
A few months back the DMV lobby opened up and I updated two cars. Swapped the Pacific Wonderland plates to the Superbeetle from the Dasher before I sold it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-29-2022, 02:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
My uncle once got pulled over for going 15-20 kph in a 50 kph zone. There was hardly any traffic, so going 30 kph under, when the standard for Poland is 30 over, was sus. The cop made him do the alcotest, asked whether he'd taken drugs, etc., and only then asked why he was going so slow. My uncle replied:
"How fast do you think you could go on 1 working cylinder?"
He was on his way to the mechanic.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (12-22-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Cx9 - '18 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring
90 day: 31.41 mpg (US)

Prius - '10 Toyota Prius III
90 day: 57.8 mpg (US)

Tundra - '00 Tundra V6 long bed base work truck
90 day: 19.4 mpg (US)
Driving under the speed limit - especially a variable amount when driving with load or pulsing/gliding - and using all of the lane to negotiate curves (apexing) are intentional acts, but ill-trained observers often misinterpret those techniques as the poorly controlled "erratic" driving of the intoxicated or inattentive.

Once a poorly-trained officer makes that observational error, it is reasonable for them to treat you with suspicion while they look for confirmation. God help you if you hypermile with something like an anxiety disorder, hearing/speech impairment, etc and run into a particularly poorly trained officer. They tend to default to a "different equals dangerous/guilty" mentality...

And yes, I've been pulled over & questioned.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
The cop made him do the alcotest
The only time I did an alcotest I wasn't even driving, didn't even have a driver license., but a cop noticed a VW Beetle key hanging from a keychain on my pocket and assumed I was going to drive, yet that key was used for the main gate of the building where I live, and I was within walking distance.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

As a whole people tend to like making assumptions about people. I like to increase the lifespan of my car and its components. I will steer around any hard bumps I see ahead manhole covers anything like that. I try to keep the lateral movement as minimal as possible but if somebody were following me, they could easily misunderstand the situation. As I would hope with anybody involved with this site, as a whole, I would hope that we would all consider ourselves a little more advanced drivers, yes drivers, not people who simply herd the car down the road and managed to keep it between the ditches or lines.
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 04-30-2022, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
I try to keep the lateral movement as minimal as possible but if somebody were following me, they could easily misunderstand the situation.
Reminds me the day I did a quite rough maneuver to avoid hitting a piece of tread that dettached from a truck tire, and my father thought I did that too fast.

Reply  Post New Thread