Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Quasi-Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit86 View Post
Take any Car, the lower the better, preferably 4 ft wide, more I you can buy wider material. Buy some plexiglass. THe more the merrier. Mount a 4x8 sheet on the roof and have it gently curve down until it touches the end of the hood. Mount the next sheet where the prior one ended, and carry on wih the arced plexy until you almostoch the road, maybe 4 inches up On the back do the same, until the car resembles an upside down dinner plate, or a speed bump, or a trapezoid with curved angles. The sides can also be covered with plexi, covering the wheels and mounting to the front and back pieces for support. if you feel energetic you can cover the belly of the car and eliminate all turbulent areas. Well almost.

I realize I might add a few pounds, extend the lenth of the car by a few feet, but it would be super aerodynamic. Almost No need for any other aero mods.
Why don't you try it and let us know how it turns out!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Buggie - '01 Vw Beetle TDI Gls
No garage and it's cold and windy in Canada. Polar bears and everything. I live in an igloo, eh? Blizzard every day. Pack of wolves howling outside. Grizzly bear hybernating in the trunk of my car

Reply  Post New Thread