Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
NRG SVR

stardrivers.org - scangauge variant?

Anyone chck this ScanGauge variant out? What's the deal, help me along...

StarDrivers.org Launches to Curb Aggressive Driving
Site Creates National Community for Drivers Committed to Reducing Vehicle Carbon Footprint through Better Driving Practices While Saving Cash.

www . stardrivers.org

Dallas, Texas (March 10, 2009) — In an effort to reawaken consumers to the vast economic and environmental impact of aggressive driving behavior and the intrinsic benefits of smart driving, Fuel Efficiency Centers has launched the new affinity group, Star Drivers.org.
Star Drivers is a national community of drivers who have committed to measure and modify their driving behavior to reduce their vehicle carbon footprint. These simple changes can reduce fuel consumption by 200 to 300 gallons per year without reducing miles driven or incurring any inconveniences—and save as much as 33% in gas costs annually.
Star Drivers monitor their driving behavior with a new device, the Fuel Efficiency Adviser TM which is easily plugged in under the dashboard of a vehicle (into the OBDII port). The Fuel Efficiency Adviser TMmeasures the cash cost and savings of drivers’ behaviors on a real time basis and leads to safer driving, all while reducing the vehicles harmful emissions.
“Joining StarDrivers.org is that one thing that a consumer can do, and afford, that will make an immediate difference,” said Karl Singer, Founder and President of Fuel Efficiency Centers. “Members are doing something to help the planet and, at the same time, putting hundreds of dollars back into their pockets and their new road awareness leads to consistent safe driving practices.”
Joining Star Drivers is easy (log onto stardrivers.org).
When you purchase a Fuel Efficiency Adviser TM you are automatically enrolled as a Star Drivers member entitling you to a $10.00 discount from the $159.95 value. The first 1,000 members will receive an additional $20.00 Charter Member discount or a $129.95 purchase price. To receive the discount, enter coupon code CHART2009.
Star Drivers commit to abandon aggressive driving behavior by pledging to follow the Star Drivers Pledge on an honor system basis . . . “I will”
Accelerate smoothly and not mash my gas pedal
Brake easy and not stop and start abruptly
Observe traffic patterns ahead and not rush to stop signs or traffic lights
Coast as often as I can rather than keep my foot on the gas pedal
Maintain a responsible constant speed and not tailgate or jockey for position
Carefully change lanes and not overtake on the right on highways
Use cruise control on flat terrain but not in hilly or mountainous areas
Avoid lines and idling or wait with the car running
Control highway speeds and not incur the fuel, emissions cost and safety of driving 10,15,or 20 miles over
Maintain my vehicle
Becoming a Star Driver comes with benefits. A Star Driver member decal will be shipped with each Fuel Efficiency Adviser TM clearly signaling support of Drive Smart/Drive Green objectives. As the Star Drivers movement gains in size, it will attract additional savings for members as well as privilege opportunities. The main initial target is a reduction of Star Drivers auto insurance premiums.
For more information on StarDrivers.org and the Fuel Efficiency Adviser, please contact Emily Boak, The Rosen Group at 212.255.8455 or emily@rosengrouppr.com.
About the Fuel Efficiency Adviser: The Fuel Efficiency Adviser™, retailing for $159.95 at www . fuelefficiencycenters.com, takes seconds to install and empowers drivers to save cash and drive safer while reducing pollutants. The device’s display is continuously updated during each trip, reflecting the real time cost and savings impact of each touch of the accelerator and brakes. While reports indicate that the average new vehicle driven 15,000 miles per year will produce approximately nine tons of C02, the Fuel Efficiency Adviser helps consumers drive smarter and reduce CO2 emissions by at least two tons annually. That contribution to the environment is equal to planting at least six trees a month.

Scangauge II: Group buy pricing - $149.95 Canadian funds! And FREE shipping!

Best mileage to date: 2.23 L/100km - 105 mpg (US) - 126 mpg (imp)

Last edited by smartzuuk; 03-11-2009 at 01:00 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
NRG SVR

fuelefficiencycenters.com/fuel_catalyst.php

???

Not sure about this one...

Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I think there is an issue with some of those links, but there is some re-branding efforts going on with the scangauge.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ding-7062.html

It is paired with some fuel thingy that costs $200+ dollars though, and some "drive smooth" tips like that kiwi game, which is not always the most efficient way to drive.

The fuel thingy looks like it started out life as a thing you put in your lawn mower gastank to keep the fuel stabilized over winter, can't say what it does and under what conditions it does it, but %3 better mpg on my bike would be about $10/year savings so it would pay for itself in 20+ years (2+ years if you get 10mpg), and it is a pretty big maybe till I see someone independant that I know who understands what the thing does and knows how to test, tries it out.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
"Fixed" the links. (Uncovered them, actually.)

Yes, Linear Logic is involved with that effort. See the link dcb posted.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
NRG SVR

Can you change the title? It should be stardrivers.org

Reply  Post New Thread