Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorecomp View Post
Unfortunately, the injectors have 12v coming to them on red wires, and the wires going to the ECU are each different colors for each injector. The ECU grounds the circuit to fire the injector, so interrupting by grounding the signal will open the injector, not kill it. You need to interrupt the 12v coming in on the red wires. Go here and login with the username and password of tech/tech. Go to the bottom, "Auto Repair Reference Center Beta" and find vehicle and your wiring diagrams.

EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page
So, you are saying that the way to kill the injectors is to open the actual current path of the injector and that the easiest way to do it is to open the 12V side? My cigarette lighter idea would fly in that case.

Does anyone know if there is a way to shut off the injection signal so that the ECU never tries to fire them? Does the ECU fire them directly? I would expect that it did not. I would think that it would have a very low current signal that told something else to actually fire them.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

thought I'd give this a bump.

Tried asking the same question on a Ford Ranger board and all I got was the typical responses.

Hypermiling is stupid and dangerous.

It's a truck, your mileage is supposed to suck. Buy a prius.

Gotta love it when somebody with a lifted bigfoot wannabe truck tells you that your hypermiling is dangerous.

Anyhoo, I think I did a pretty good job defending the honor of daredevil hypermilers. Always love a good interwebs throw down, even if I am greatly outnumbered.

Reply  Post New Thread