Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx2002 View Post
I was just seeing what everyone thought of that idea. I do think the tax credit for buying such a device could really help aolt of people save alot of money and gas. It seems to me that most people have no idea how much the driving style affect FE.
But as an idea, it suffers from a lack of... oh, perhaps perspective is the right word? Some people don't have cars, other people have cars that don't have OBDI installed. Still other people (me for one) have cars with more-accurate fuel consumption gauges built in. (My ScanGauge, though very useful for other things, isn't all that accurate on fuel.) So if all these people get a ScanGauge instead of a rebate, what good is it to them?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Red Egg - '95 Ford Aspire
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

Dodge SRT-4 - '04 Dodge Neon SRT-4 2.4L Turbo
90 day: 26.24 mpg (US)
We as a group probably did a better job with our 600 bucks than others. Everytime the local news has a section on hypermilers, gas saving tips, a link to scangauge's site etc a few people might mosy over into our tiny segment. I got into this whole thing from the old gasbuddy site where i drove the same but i routed to buy gas at the cheaper stations. That was like 3 years ago when gas was 2.49 or something. That helped 10 bucks a week. I started modding the cars later when gas trounced 3 bucks. Now that its over 4 bucks i spend about what i did when it was 3.50 from the car change, mods and techniques. Not everyone is like us, but if everyone did one single thing maybe the big picture would skew a little, but not as much as everyone in san fransisco and other green people want to believe.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Addicted

bbjsw10 - '91 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 51.06 mpg (US)
I bought a Metro Xfi for $440 with it and did some Yard work for a rich family in town as second job to help pay bills and for car. So I made out good I think.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Newbie

RSX - '02 Acura RSX base
90 day: 37.87 mpg (US)
Im not offended. its cool. We are getting a little off topic here anyway haha
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
woops you meant scan guage. I pronounced it scan widge.
Then thought, sandwich. Yes gov't subsidy sandwiches.

anyhoo. I run a carb. remember those? the last discipline in reality the internal combustion engine has ever seen.At 40mpg, I want it on video. As it is a 2300 pound awd with a boxer engine. Remember those? the three main bearing masterpiece some idiot keeps extincting.
my scan guage is a magic wand of manly brutality, scary to modern mechanics with white gloves on. I'll just stoich my way into 30 years with standards they still can't keep up with.

And subsidies best be cash for real mechanics. Thanks.

Reply  Post New Thread