Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 06:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Lord Vader - '15 BMW i3 REx
90 day: 35.06 mpg (US)
The beauty of my idea is that the reflection could never be more than 100% of the normal direct radiation. It would simply bounce back more of the light that reflects off of the glass surface at higher angles of incidence. I.e., the same as if the panels themselves were directly tracked to the sun.

I am Leary about doing anything to multiply the energy directed at them beyond that, BUT, the 4 panels I picked up locally this month are sans-warranty for being scratch and dent anyway, so I may actually experiment with the idea of water heating/cooling on a temporary ground mount.

Last edited by Snax; 02-01-2019 at 10:48 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snax For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (02-01-2019), roosterk0031 (02-01-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-31-2019, 11:16 PM   #72 (permalink)
Eco Sol

I like the mirror idea, it's pretty elegant in design, takes no additional square footage by making use of the vertical space, increases output and could shelter the panels at the push of a button. Would it still require additional panel spacing though to avoid the mirrors shadowing each other?

Check out Tandem Solar. I had looked at Renvu as well but at the time I purchased all of my stuff Tandem Solar had better pricing. If you know what size system you're going for and can figure out which panels and inverters you want they make it pretty easy. You can give them a call and they can punch it all in their system and put a quote together of everything you'll need. It helps to know how many panels and rows you're going for and if you want them in landscape or portrait. I think they're used to dealing with installers though, so the one downside is that my racking came with no instructions whatsoever. It was easy enough to look up the PDF on the manufacturer's website however for instructions and torque specs.

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI
Old 02-01-2019, 07:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
As far as the EV part goes, I don't own one but I'm contemplating converting my Del Sol Si into a full EV. I may have to add some extra panels to support the extra charging usage though.
Maybe even using an extra panel as a rooftop?

Reply  Post New Thread