Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
The H-rated tires have a shorter sidewall and impact the gearing such that I will have to over-rev the engine,something I'm not real comfortable about.
What size / speed / load rating do you need in order not to compromise the gearing ?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
It sure would save a ton of fuel not having to drive all that way though.
Can't you just estimate the top speed using the figures gained at the one mile mark ?
LOL at top speed he might drive the extra 5 miles in the same time it would take him to carefully estimate the result.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
estimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
It sure would save a ton of fuel not having to drive all that way though.
Can't you just estimate the top speed using the figures gained at the one mile mark ?
Cd,that's a good question and I'm not sure about the answer.
Without a dynamometer survey I don't actually know the power.Without the top speed I can't know the Cd if the engines at rated power,adjusted for density altitude on race day,to make sense of the acceleration.
If I know the rpm at 1-mile at the Texas-Mile,then do a dyno test at that rpm at WOT and adjust for Texas-Mile weather I might 'fix' the power at that rpm ,then extrapolate.
If I go to Bonneville I get to make the runs,maybe long course,plus I get to do all the other things and see all the things typically only seen at Bonneville.
It's a pain alright,but I get to do Battle Mountain also,so in a way,it can't be beat,nasty salt and all!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
values

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
What size / speed / load rating do you need in order not to compromise the gearing ?
The wheels are 15-inch.Speed rating must be at least H.Off hand,I don't remember the load rationg.The original tires had a 70-series aspect ratio.If I pushed the max power rpm,the gearing was good for around 156-mph.
The H-rated tires on the truck are 60-series.Hankook manufactured them and was only make I could readily get in a 15-inch size.
Goodyear makes their EAGLE racing tires which is typically what is run at Bonneville.I will look into their sizing options for the rear wheels only.

Reply  Post New Thread