Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
I noticed last night, as I was testing the re-written calculation routines, that the Screen Editor is again not working correctly. Working on it...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Haven't really gotten to the Screen Edit bug, yet.

However, I did get the re-written calculation routine to work correctly in all modes, and I got rid of some code in the div64() routine that I had incorrectly thought was helping to speed up the divide operation. Core code size is now at 12766 bytes.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Fixed the Screen Edit bug. Changed the guinosig byte to be different from the previous guinosig and guinosigold bytes. Stored a 24-bit signature value at the beginning of EEPROM, that will be different for any combination of bells 'n' whistles in the 1.86tav code. Reworked the display value calculation routine to not recursively call itself for "remaining" items (remaining time, remaining distance). Split out idle/EOC tracking data into their own separate Trip elements. Added automatic trip save for activity timeout, and added separate stored settings to enable normal trip auto-save and idle/EOC trip auto-save data. Added a really simple general EEPROM data viewer. Increased the number of stored trip slots from 6 to 10.

Slot 0: Auto-saved Tank (if selected)
Slot 1: Auto-saved Tank Idle/EOC (if selected)
Slot 2: Auto-saved Current (if selected)
Slot 3: Auto-saved Current Idle/EOC (if selected)
Slot 4: Available
Slot 5: Available
Slot 6: Available
Slot 7: Available
Slot 8: Available
Slot 9: Available

If auto-save is not enabled, or if the code is compiled to not include idle/EOC tracking, then the affected slots become just ordinary trip storage slots. Oh, yah - idle/EOC tracking and datalogging are now configurable bells 'n' whistles, too.

These code changes ought to make it a lot simpler to add my proposed A-B-A analyzer, as well as that other really neat feature that a few others here have coded in - A graphical display of MPG per speed range.

The table below summarizes the current performance specs.
.Code sizeRAM usageCPU utilization
Original 0.8617178119545.58%
Bare1223215522.32%
Configured as 0.8612508137611.75%
Everything except MAP Correction1747011604.21%
Everything1892810804.21%

This is the current list of bells 'n' whistles:
Code:
#define trackIdleEOCdata true			// Ability to track engine idling and EOC modes
#define useDataLogging true			// Ability to output 5 basic parameters to a data logger or SD card
#define useBufferedSerial true			// Speed up data logger
#define useCalculatedFuelFactor true		// Ability to calculate that pesky us/gal (or L) factor from easily available published fuel injector data
#define useBufferedLCD true			// Speed up LCD output (probably going to go away)
#define useWindowFilter true			// Smooths out "jumpy" instant FE figures that are caused by modern OBDII engine computers
#define useClock true				// System clock, and means to set it
#define useSavedTrips true			// Ability to save current or tank trips to any one of 10 different trip slots in EEPROM
#define useScreenEditor true			// Ability to change any of 8 existing trip data screens, with 4 configurable figures on each screen
#define useBarGraph true			// Ability to display Prius-like Fuel Economy bar graph
#define useSpiffyBigChars true
#define useChryslerMAPCorrection true		// Ability to perform on-the-fly fuel injector data correction for late-model Chrysler vehicles
#define useEEPROMviewer true			// Ability to directly examine EEPROM
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #54 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I've been testing your code, and I have the same problem with the buttons.
What is the program you use to make the compilation?
I have used the Arduino IDE 1.5.2. Now installed atmel studio 6.1 but the code has many errors, and not premite upload the code, maybe the settings I have in the program, not well.
I have to do more tests to see.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
I've had the same issue, so I just opened code in a notepad then Ctrl-A Ctrl-C and pasted it to Arduino IDE, to the new project. It worked like a charm. Everything works and no trouble during compiling.

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
Old 09-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
I've had the same issue, so I just opened code in a notepad then Ctrl-A Ctrl-C and pasted it to Arduino IDE, to the new project. It worked like a charm. Everything works and no trouble during compiling.
Yah, that's what I've been doing all along. I only use the Arduino IDE to actually compile the code, then upload it. All the editing is done in a text editor.

I've read somewhere that one could go to "Tools | Fix Encoding & Reload" to fix compiling issues in Arduino, and I actually did that once, because of some other code that I found that would not compile.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #57 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I also have done this, just lately change the extension to. Ino, or. Pde and open the Arduino IDE, but when it does not work as intended, to distrust anything goes.
My idea when I installed Atmel studio was to check the program what happens when I press the buttons, let's see if I can by really working properly.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 09-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Did you ever get your buttons to work?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Did you ever get your buttons to work?
In MPGuino code never worked, but in other code works.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 09-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I've been correcting errors that appeared in the Atmel Studio, but walking was unable to fix this ('ultoa' was not declared in this scope) have any idea what might be.

Most errors were due to pgmspace.h library here, that I use is newer and some Typedef that are in the code are deprecated in the library that use.
As you can see here: <avr/pgmspace.h>: Program Space Utilities

Thank you
José Rodrigues

Reply  Post New Thread