Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #61 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
I've been correcting errors that appeared in the Atmel Studio, but walking was unable to fix this ('ultoa' was not declared in this scope) have any idea what might be.
ultoa() converts an unsigned long integer into a string. I might could revert back to the older code, which did not depend on ultoa().

Quote:
Most errors were due to pgmspace.h library here, that I use is newer and some Typedef that are in the code are deprecated in the library that use.
What are your errors? And I am curious as to why you're using Atmel Studio instead of Arduino. Not saying one is better than the other, but I did want to ensure that the code I'm developing is compatible with Arduino, so as to ensure that the casual Arduino user could run it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
ultoa() converts an unsigned long integer into a string. I might could revert back to the older code, which did not depend on ultoa().
Do not change the code, if so better, asked because could have just any idea what causes this error.

Quote:
What are your errors? And I am curious as to why you're using Atmel Studio instead of Arduino. Not saying one is better than the other, but I did want to ensure that the code I'm developing is compatible with Arduino, so as to ensure that the casual Arduino user could run it.
The errors that were presented due to the change in pgmspace.h library, the way you wrote the code is ancient.
These are two examples:
original
prog_char pString_00[] PROGMEM = "Contrast";
prog_uint32_t convNumer[] PROGMEM = {
change
const char pString_00[] PROGMEM = "Contrast";
const uint32_t convNumer[] PROGMEM = {
This site has an example:tuxgraphics.org: avr-gcc, error: unknown type name 'prog_char'
After making these changes continues to run without giving error in my Arduino IDE

Now I just got an error that is what I reported before.

I am using Atmel Studio seeks to resolve the difficulties I have in adptação the code for the Arduino Mega, perhaps using the simulator program I can see where it is failing.
The Atmel Studio seems to be very good for that, check out this video to get an idea of what it is capable of,http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9QlDSNeuAdY this site can also give some information on the possibilities of the program Debug Arduino - Overview

Thank you
José Rodrigues
The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The mistake I had ('ultoa' was not declared in this scope) already solved, I added this line, (# include <stdlib.h>) and the error is resolved, I have done the update of the code through the Atmel Studio and it worked the same as Arduino IDE.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
The errors that were presented due to the change in pgmspace.h library, the way you wrote the code is ancient.
Ancient? Ancient?!?!?! ANCIENT??!?!1?!?!??!111!!?!1one?eleven

Seriously - I changed all of the references to get rid of the depreciated typedefs. The code compiles as it did before.

Quote:
Now I just got an error that is what I reported before.
I bought an Arduino Mega today, and hopefully will be able to look at your issue in the near future.

Quote:
The Atmel Studio seems to be very good for that, check out this video to get an idea of what it is capable of,http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9QlDSNeuAdY this site can also give some information on the possibilities of the program Debug Arduino - Overview
Thanks! I'll look at it when I get home.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Ancient? Ancient?!?!?! ANCIENT??!?!1?!?!??!111!!?!1one?eleven
I know my English is very bad.

Quote:
Seriously - I changed all of the references to get rid of the depreciated typedefs. The code compiles as it did before.
Also checked the same, the Arduino IDE should be prepared to work with both systems

Quote:
I bought an Arduino Mega today, and hopefully will be able to look at your issue in the near future.
With this purchase, ended problems with pins.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 09-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #66 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Polished the display calculation routine into a more generalized 64-bit calculation pseudo-microprocessor. Named it SWEET64, taking inspiration from a near-childhood piece of software I used to program with (SWEET16). Re-wrote the 64-bit division and multiplication routines to run under SWEET64, which shaved off some 600 bytes, and permanently moved the core MPGuino code to under 12000 bytes. The code code stands now at 11742 bytes, while the code with data-logging and idle/EOC tracking (as with the base 0.86 code) stands at 12094 bytes.

Added support for a Parallax 3-wire RS232 LCD display. Unfortunately, the Parallax display does not allow software control of LCD contrast. Similarly, the display only allows software to either turn on of turn off the LCD backlighting. However, the Parallax display does come with this really annoyingly loud speaker, which should be useful for alarms.

Also got my hands on a Tinkerkit LCD module, which apparently has a built-in AtMega32u4. This is almost the complete MPGuino hardware, needing only buttons, injector signal shaping circuitry, and VSS signal shaping circuitry to be complete. (We're talking about two diodes, two resistors, and two capacitors, here). You can get them from MCM Electronics for $50, or from Radio Shack at a clearance price of $30 (while they last).

Next stop - going to modify my code to work on this TinkerKit LCD module.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Added analog multiplexed button support (many buttons now only use one MPGuino pin). Along with that, added support for the Parallax 5-position switch. Freed up two ADC pins in the process, enabling them to either be used as additional analog inputs, or as the Two-Wire Interface (TWI) that is supported by the MPGuino's processor. This would allow the addition of up to 127 more devices to MPGuino (such as an I2C LCD module, or an I2C SD card interface, or an I2C EEPROM, or... ?)
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #68 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Short MPGuino demonstration, featuring Parallax LCD and Parallax 5-position switch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
AndrzejM (09-25-2013), pgfpro (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
Nifty!

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #70 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Way Cool!!!!!!!!!!

Reply  Post New Thread